Fuji X-T3 cannot connect Cam remote via Bluetooth

Ranger Rick

Regular
Name
Rick
Going crazy with this. Trying to connect new X-T3 with my iPhone. Bluetooth is enabled on phone. I pair the camera, and it seems to go thru completely to the final screen showing it has done that. But I cannot see the status at the bottom of the screen to actually connect- it always says Connecting. I have reset everything and even deleted/redownloaded the Cam Remote app. I never see the X0T3 show up in the list of Bluetooth devices on the phone, the app does see the iPhone (bottom of screen).

When I try to use the Browse Camera function on the iPhone, I get the "Disconnect with camera" message (whatever that means). I can however use the Remote Release Function to control the shutter.

Does anyone have any thoughts on this- I thought Bluetooth setup was supposed to be easy. I have btw used my X-t2 with wifi in the past, so I know this can work. Any help would be appreciated before they call in the men in the white coats.
Image-1 2.jpg
Image-1.jpg
IMG_1728.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

When the camera remote app says connection, have you hit the menu button on the camera? I think that has to be done on the Pro2 connecting via WiFi to the app. Could be the same with Bluetooth.

I saw you were using VPN, that might be the issue. I had the same issue with X-E3 connecting to my Android phone when I was using VPN, I don't know if you can whitelist an app in iOS so that it connects directly.

I saw you were using VPN, that might be the issue. I had the same issue with X-E3 connecting to my Android phone when I was using VPN, I don't know if you can whitelist an app in iOS so that it connects directly.
I disabled the VPN, and that seems to do the trick. Thank you for that suggestion! The remote operation process is so slow that I think I will just use a cheap physical remote :)

Back