Fuji X-T4 discussion

Dec 31, 2013
Louisville, Ky
It looks like the X-T4 is set to be announced in Feb. And possibly shipping in March. I've read that it will have IBIS, and probably a slightly larger body. But nothing about the sensor. Or any changes to buttons or control layout.

Feb 6, 2015
Central Ohio, USA
Andrew
My guess is an enhanced video version of the XH1. The XT controls seem Like a winner so not much change needed there.
Probably the 26mp sensor but an updated processing engine and better AF.

It might be the first XT I seriously consider.

Last edited:
Dec 31, 2013
Louisville, Ky
I wouldn't expect them to, but I'd be very interested to find out if they have the same form factor and are backwards compatible, giving better performance to existing bodies.
Battery compatibility has been one of the great things in the Fuji system. If it’s not compatible, that will throw off a lot of people’s strategies for upgrading to a new body
While keeping the old body for backup.

Biro

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2011
Jersey Shore
Steve
Battery compatibility has been one of the great things in the Fuji system. If it’s not compatible, that will throw off a lot of people’s strategies for upgrading to a new body
While keeping the old body for backup.
If not, maybe I trade in both the X-T3 and X-H1 for the X-T4. :thumbup: But what if the X-T4 is too small and light for my 16-55mm f/2.8? The X-T3 is - at least to me.

Dec 31, 2013
Louisville, Ky
If not, maybe I trade in both the X-T3 and X-H1 for the X-T4. :thumbup: But what if the X-T4 is too small and light for my 16-55mm f/2.8? The X-T3 is - at least to me.
The X-T4 is heavily rumored to be bigger than its predecessors. Although not X-H1 big. To accommodate the ibis. This larger size is why I think the battery will not be backwards compatible. Due to the battery being larger in size.

if the new T4 is still not large enough for you to be comfortable with the 16-55. You can always add a battery grip.

gordo

Veteran
Jul 6, 2017
Arizona
Gordon
For some of us, the size issue isn't only about additional real estate. It's also about the physical size and placement of the controls on the camera.

gordo

Veteran
Jul 6, 2017
Arizona
Gordon
I’m curious to see if Fuji will follow the path of the X-Pro3. Meaning, mimic the control layout of the GFX like the Pro3 did with the GFXr.
Based on the previous 6 or so releases, I would be surprised if the new X-T has a D-pad.

Side note - for me and my fingers, D-pad works better than AF joystick. Plus, I do use the programmable function buttons. Plus, my fingers don't work well with touchscreens. Based on Fuji's recent design decisions, I probably won't have a path forward with Fuji. What I have now works, but I'll have to keep it running or hunt for used bodies if something happens to my current ones.

drd1135

Zen Snapshooter
Jul 13, 2011
Lexington, Virginia
Steve
The X-T4 is heavily rumored to be bigger than its predecessors. Although not X-H1 big. To accommodate the ibis. This larger size is why I think the battery will not be backwards compatible. Due to the battery being larger in size.

if the new T4 is still not large enough for you to be comfortable with the 16-55. You can always add a battery grip.
My problem with this would be I will never get enough money to make it would selling the XH1. Despite the bargain prices, it's a fine camera. In addition, I've discovered I tend to leave the grip on which invalidates any argument I could make about size.

Lightmancer

Super Moderator
Aug 13, 2011
Sunny Frimley
Bill Palmer
Based on the previous 6 or so releases, I would be surprised if the new X-T has a D-pad.

Side note - for me and my fingers, D-pad works better than AF joystick. Plus, I do use the programmable function buttons. Plus, my fingers don't work well with touchscreens. Based on Fuji's recent design decisions, I probably won't have a path forward with Fuji. What I have now works, but I'll have to keep it running or hunt for used bodies if something happens to my current ones.
I felt the same, until I started to get used to the X-Pro3... My X-T2 feels slow and fiddly now in comparison.

Dec 31, 2013
Louisville, Ky
My problem with this would be I will never get enough money to make it would selling the XH1. Despite the bargain prices, it's a fine camera. In addition, I've discovered I tend to leave the grip on which invalidates any argument I could make about size.
Biro had mentioned possibly trading in his X-H1 and X-T3 for a X-T4. Which is why I was mentioning what I did. If either of you seriously wanted to do this, selling on FredMiranda or somewhere similar would get you more money than a trade in.

Dec 31, 2013
Louisville, Ky
I wasn’t criticizing. Sorry if it came off that way. I was just noting that the XH1 just won’t have much resale value at the point. Of course, if the XT4 has IBIS it will be a tempting body.
I didn't take it that way at all. Just letting my inner gear whore out for a stroll around the forum. It's pushy since I let it do it's thing this week.

I think the ibis is what has Biro interested. It gives an opportunity to merge everything good about the H1 and T3 into one camera.

Latest threads

Top Bottom