Fuji X-T4 discussion

Bobby T

Out Of Nowhere
The X-T4 announcement is later this month. The first, what should be small but will actually be big, rumor. The D pad will be on the T4. And there was much rejoicing.

And a spec list with yet another film simulation.

Looking nicely spec’d, with features many have asked for: IBIS, bigger battery, and fully articulating screen.

Very interested to see the full specs and how well the IBIS works (hopefully X-H1 level). Also curious on pricing - now that the XT3 dropped in price, thinking it will it be around $1600-1700 USD.

IBIS alone makes this a major upgrade for many. Bigger battery is needed because IBIS can be a real power drain. I suspect/guess that AF has been tweaked. The Flip screen surprises me, to be honest, although this is really not the street camera in the lineup.

I’ve been cracking up at the people commenting on various sites that this is not an upgrade because it’s using old technology. All of them being the same people crying that Fuji doesn’t have ibis in a XT body. And others whining that they won’t buy because of the screen. Just like the Pro3.

According to Fuji Rumors, the price will be $1700.

D-Pad and J-Stick (if the pictures are correct). I guess I could actually use the D-Pad buttons for something other than AF control.

IBIS? :2thumbs:

Flippy screen? :shakehead: I much prefer the X-T3 screen. I'd really prefer both my E-M1.2 and Pen F just had simple tilt screens.

Everything else looks good though I haven't seen details on the size, hopefully it will stay closer to X-T3 and not the X-H1. One reason I have the Oly E-M1.2 and not the Pan G9 is size. The X-T3 is pretty close to the E-M1.2 while the X-H1 is actually slightly bigger than the G9.

@davidzvi My understanding is that the T4 is slightly larger than the T3 to accommodate the bigger battery and ibis. But not the size of the X-H1.

Yep, supposed to be a few mm thicker than the X-T3, but otherwise the same dimensions.

More specs leaked. 6.5 stops of IBIS :cool:

I just so hate those fully articulating screens :(

Of course, why not turn that frown upside down. It only means that my desires re. Fuji are now happily limited to Xpro2/XT3/x100v axis.

I just so hate those fully articulating screens :(

Of course, why not turn that frown upside down. It only means that my desires re. Fuji are now happily limited to Xpro2/XT3/x100v axis.
Or the X-H1.

At least you have an alternative in the Fuji line, I wish I had an alternative in in the m4/3 world. The only m4/3 SLR style body with a tilt screen is the E-M10 series, not quite the same as the E-M1.2. For range finders I could pick the GX85/9, but since my goal was to consolidate to one system and interface, I think I'd look for another X70 or the new X100v instead.

Actually I would have though it would be the other way around.

Articulated screens (at least in the M4/3 world) are coveted by video shooters. If the photo-centric X-T4 is going that way than the X-H2 probably will as well.
I agree. The flippy screen would be expected on the X-H line. My thinking is that since it is coming to the X-T, and Fuji is not doing what we think makes sense, the X-H line will retain the tilt screen. You're most likely right that the X-H line will get the flippy screen. I just can't help thinking with Fuji's recent track record, they will do what will get more grumbling on the internet.

Back