Fuji X-T4 discussion

And now the full specs have been leaked. Most of the key ones were already known, but this fills in the pieces.

It’s a pretty compelling option in my opinion. Provides a lot of value in the $200 over X-T3 launch pricing.

Megapixels ain't everything.

Everybody seems to be saying how they're happy with their current pixels, that they rather get improvements in battery life, operability, usability. Now Fuji listened to that crowd for a change.

The XT4 is coming pretty quick on the tail of the XT3 and the emphasis here is IBIS. Fuji has always had issues with IBIS and fitting it into a smaller body. I think that IBIS in the XT is a big improvement, especially for Fuji. As for numbering, that's just convention. Except for the weird iteration of names of the X100 series, Fuji has never done the Mark ii things, whereas Olympus and Sony have done it to death. I think that Fuji is going to sell a lot of these.

"Canon 1D" is a product line; "1D Mark II" makes sense.
"Sony A7" is a product line; "A7 Mark III" makes sense.

Likewise with Olympus E-M1, E-M5, E-M10.

Fuji X-T is basically a product line and the upcoming camera is implicitly "X-T Mark 4" but they simply choose not to use that terminology here as it's not necessary.

Let's remember that Panasonic has always been crap at naming and numbering their products so it's very good that Fuji doesn't follow their example!

Fuji X-T is basically a product line and the upcoming camera is implicitly "X-T Mark 4" but they simply choose not to use that terminology here as it's not necessary.
Sure. Something iterates each time. Where you put the index is your call.

Likewise with Olympus E-M1, E-M5, E-M10.

Let's remember that Panasonic has always been crap at naming and numbering their products so it's very good that Fuji doesn't follow their example!
Sometimes I think Nikon should have gone the mark route as well.

I would love to see a xtrans 3 sensor reworked for better high iso performance. Put into the new X-T4 body/specs. The 3 hit a sweet spot for me.
I also like to shoot in the dark, but I hardly ever see people complain about high iso behavior in the Fuji bodies. The XT4 largely goes after the things most folks have complained about.

And now this: :rofl:

I also like to shoot in the dark, but I hardly ever see people complain about high iso behavior in the Fuji bodies. The XT4 largely goes after the things most folks have complained about.
I’m not complaining about the current iso performance. But if it could be better, I wouldn’t turn it down.

I’m not complaining about the current iso performance. But if it could be better, I wouldn’t turn it down.
If Sony really does have a 43 MP APS-C sensor in the wings, that may take a step backwards. But who knows? The only thing we do know is that Sony has a real edge because it controls almost everyone's sensors.

Full images leaked:

Black would be my pick for sure, but both look great. I like what they did with the back of the lcd screen, textured like the Pen-F.

Nice looking body. The flip screen with the changing of the photometry lever to still/video looks like Fuji is going for more of the video crowd. Which will be good. I would be interested, if it were ever possible, to see the difference in sales numbers if Fuji could release a flip screen and a tilt screen version.

The press release has been “leaked”

Back