Fuji X-T4 discussion

I’m seriously considering the XT4.

I had Sony FF and M43, but hated running two systems. Going between the two was frustrating.

I have debated meeting in the middle with Fuji APS-C. I’ve had Fuji before and miss the user experience it offers over other brands. But, I fear I may miss the FF goodness of the Sony if I part ways with it.

Nonetheless, the first step was to sell off the Pen-F and glass, which I did several months back. That was the first step of simplifying. I got caught with an RX1RII in between, but that is now gone as well.

I just want one system to shoot and enjoy. It will likely either be Fuji or Sony, so looking forward to getting my hands on this XT4.

Last edited:
I'm not planning to ditch my X-T3 at this stage, because IBIS isn't that important to me. It looks like Fuji have tried to answer some objections but I am deeply unimpressed by how civilised this discussion is! ;)
My understanding is a big firmware update for the X-T3 is coming in a few months which will add many of the features of the X-T4.

My understanding is a big firmware update for the X-T3 is coming in a few months which will add many of the features of the X-T4.
Yes @Bobby Tingle I saw that as well (though even that announcement has caused a rumpus on DPR) and I look forward to it (hopefully it will be as comprehensive as the X-E2 update when the X-E2S came out).

Do you think it will add IBIS and the selfie screen? ;)

If Fuji can do that, they'll wipe out the competition.

in all seriousness. If Fuji keeps the X-T3 in production alongside with the X-T4 it will be a great move. Appeasing people who don't want/need the ibis and flip screen. But want the performance of the X-T4.

If Fuji can do that, they'll wipe out the competition.

in all seriousness. If Fuji keeps the X-T3 in production alongside with the X-T4 it will be a great move. Appeasing people who don't want/need the ibis and flip screen. But want the performance of the X-T4.

I agree with you, but find that would confuse me on why they would want to keep the XH2 coming.

.....in all seriousness. If Fuji keeps the X-T3 in production alongside with the X-T4 it will be a great move. Appeasing people who don't want/need the ibis and flip screen. But want the performance of the X-T4.
Olympus is keeping the E-M1 mkII in production along side the E-M1 mkIII. A noticeably less expensive option with almost the same capabilities. In both cases it may ease the pressure to lower the prices of the newer models. Less in both cases there may be some confusion, but Sony's been doing the same thing for years.

If the rumors are true. The X-H2 is getting the new 43mp Sony sensor. Plus probably even better video specs like 6k or 8k shooting, etc.
From what I have read, there's no hint of anything from Fuji. However, this would make so much sense since what else can they really do with XH line to distinguish it from the XT line. We all know Sony is going to stick this new sensor in their A7000(?) which has been rumored to be an SLR like design and this could be direct competition to Fuji. I guess it could be more video-centric, but this would mean going down the GH road like Panasonic or the A7S route like Sony. That's a lot of competition.

Annnnd it’s official. Looks like a very capable camera.

This link has a bunch of reviews aggregated in one place.

Back