Fuji X-T5 Image Thread

Better get in here first with a very quick SOOC jpeg of my beautiful daughter...She approves...

DSCF6527.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

And then a quick second of my handsome son too (Yes, they're twins!). Cannot leave him out of the "critique"! HAHA!

7B6450AC-4C18-42FB-8410-F5B2549DD336.jpeg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Last edited:
And a very quick “gear shot”.

Definitely feels more compact in hand compared to the xt4. But very solid too.

Reminds me a little of a slightly larger Olympus em5 mark 2. Back when they were still made of magnesium.

View attachment 348257
Simon, did you look / consider the XH-2? I am seriously looking at either. I am also invested in Oly lenses which I know you are also familiar with which puts the OM-1 into the mix. Any input would be appreciated!

Simon, did you look / consider the XH-2? I am seriously looking at either. I am also invested in Oly lenses which I know you are also familiar with which puts the OM-1 into the mix. Any input would be appreciated!
I actually had the XH2, for about 3 days.

Very nice camera, very nice and comfy grip, and the EVF was stunning!

I only returned it so I could exchange for the XT5. Only because I wanted a smaller body. The xh2 is a tad larger than an OM1. The new XT5 is only 5mm larger than the OM5 in width and height, Made of metal, and still weather sealed.

The Olympus pro lenses are awesome, as are some of the computational photography features of their bodies.

I have found that the new Fuji gear is also very good. I tend to prefer prime lenses, which make this setup very similar in size to my Olympus gear. And their smallest lenses are all weather sealed, and metal construction, unlike the 1.8 oly primes that I also love.

I also really love the fuji film simulations. I find more and more that I prefer to have decent SOOC jpegs, rather than spend time post processing.

The 40mp sensors in the xh2 and xt5 means I can get jpegs that look great and ok to print without any real PP.

So far I am impressed. Haven’t had a chance to really “stretch the legs” of the new camera setup yet though.

I still have some oly gear though.

I actually had the XH2, for about 3 days.

Very nice camera, very nice and comfy grip, and the EVF was stunning!

I only returned it so I could exchange for the XT5. Only because I wanted a smaller body. The xh2 is a tad larger than an OM1. The new XT5 is only 5mm larger than the OM5 in width and height, Made of metal, and still weather sealed.

The Olympus pro lenses are awesome, as are some of the computational photography features of their bodies.

I have found that the new Fuji gear is also very good. I tend to prefer prime lenses, which make this setup very similar in size to my Olympus gear. And their smallest lenses are all weather sealed, and metal construction, unlike the 1.8 oly primes that I also love.

I also really love the fuji film simulations. I find more and more that I prefer to have decent SOOC jpegs, rather than spend time post processing.

The 40mp sensors in the xh2 and xt5 means I can get jpegs that look great and ok to print without any real PP.

So far I am impressed. Haven’t had a chance to really “stretch the legs” of the new camera setup yet though.

I still have some oly gear though.
Thank for the response, I was secretly hoping you would say sell all your gear and get the XT-5!! I know it doesn't work that way. I think the two things that are really attractive with the fuji would be like you mentioned the 40mp and the film sim. I am okay with a larger camera as I keep the battery grip on my em5 full time as I enjoy shooting in portraiture a lot it seems. The lack of that option on the xt is a bummer for me which has me reconsidering the xh2 but, along with having to get all new lenses makes me think maybe I should stay where I am at although it's anybody guess what omd is going to do next. I hope you will post more of your thoughts on the camera as you acclimate to it.

Thank for the response, I was secretly hoping you would say sell all your gear and get the XT-5!! I know it doesn't work that way. I think the two things that are really attractive with the fuji would be like you mentioned the 40mp and the film sim. I am okay with a larger camera as I keep the battery grip on my em5 full time as I enjoy shooting in portraiture a lot it seems. The lack of that option on the xt is a bummer for me which has me reconsidering the xh2 but, along with having to get all new lenses makes me think maybe I should stay where I am at although it's anybody guess what omd is going to do next. I hope you will post more of your thoughts on the camera as you acclimate to it.
I guess it all comes down to what sort of photography you like to shoot.

OM seem to be focussing (pun intended) more and more on wildlife it seems. Ultra fast shutter speeds, bird AI AF, long tele lenses, etc.

For what’s it’s worth, the subject detection AF on the XH2 & XT5 seems pretty good, but I don’t really shoot stuff like that. Face detection is great, and AF speed is really good for what I need.

XT5 battery life apparently is much improved, so apart from extra grip, not sure how much of an issue extra battery power is to you regarding the lack of powered grip support. Again, not really an issue for me.

No chance to take any more photos this weekend, but will try and add to this thread as and when.

I’m sure there will be other forum members with these cameras that will be posting soon enough…..

Well, being a bit of a skinflint, are you hoping for good or bad? :p
Neither. I know the 18-55 is not optimised for the 40mp sensor, but I am curious to know how much better images would be than they would be if taken on a 26mp sensor! Not for sarcastic, critical or yah di dah reasons. I would just like to know If it is a bit better, a lot better, or if you can't really tell on a computer screen or printed up to A4 or 10x8".

That’s certainly the right question. It’s not can the lens handle 40 mp but rather how much of the 40 mp it can handle. I was surprised the 60 f/2.4 macro was not on the approved list, but maybe the corners or edges fall off.

Back