Fuji X-T5 Image Thread

Capture One Velvia
DSCF0859.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Several shots taken in different lighting conditions...
This moth, on the other side of my front screen door, in morning backlight. (And moderately cropped from a much wider original.)

XT5_Feb20_23_moth_on_screen_door.jpg

The empty canning jar aka beer glass, at a local outdoor pub/eatery.

XT5_Feb20_23_Gil's_beer_glass.jpg

And finally, the ketchup bottle from the same eatery.

XT5_Feb20_23_ketchup_bottle_BigNeg).jpg

All taken with the relatively wide-angle XF18 lens, which I originally got with my (now departed) XPro3, but have kept because... well, for a lot of reasons, actually, two of which are its tiny pancake-like size, and its versatility. It goes nicely with any of the X-Txxx bodies.

A few shots taken with the XF18 on my XT5, all at a local old (and old-fashioned) 'Grange' (for those unfamiliar with this aspect of rural small-town American history and culture, the Granges were basically local organizations of farmers, who constructed Grange Halls, for events, both farm and community related).

These are some of the former Grange 'officers'--

XT5_Feb26_23_Belleview_Grange,Ashland,OR.jpg

And here, an old photo of an 'Event' (a Christmas play or pageant, from the looks of it)--

XT5_Feb26_23_Belleview_Grange#2,Ashland,OR.jpg

And finally, some 'Western Art' in the main room (with the obvious tendencies to depict people in exaggerated, melodramatic, and occasionally borderline racially insensitive terms)--

XT3_Feb26_23_Art_Belleview_Grange,Ashland,OR.jpg

I have to say, so far, the X-T5 is both meeting... and surpassing... my expectations.

One of the (many) good things about the X-T5 is the way its rear screen tilts in both horizontal or vertical axes, allowing one to work at all kinds of seemingly unnatural angles, especially lower down and closer to the ground. It allowed me to take this photo of a passing car on the tiny lane which runs alongside my old farmhouse in rural Oregon.

XT5_May10_23_toy_car_on_road(uncropped).jpg

One of the (many) good things about the X-T5 is the way its rear screen tilts in both horizontal or vertical axes, allowing one to work at all kinds of seemingly unnatural angles, especially lower down and closer to the ground. It allowed me to take this photo of a passing car on the tiny lane which runs alongside my old farmhouse in rural Oregon.

View attachment 386857
The dual-fold screen on the Fujis is great, and I like how it disables the EVF sensor when you pull the screen out. It seems like such a no-brainer design decision, but it’s not necessarily a default option among brands. I really do like all the little touches Fuji incorporates in their designs.

Back