X10 Black and White Images

Lawrence A.

Hall of Famer
Name
Larry
As I said at Serious Compacts, of the X series, I "only" have the X10, which is a nice enough little camera not to require apologies. It doesn't stand up to the top guns in the series, but it is quite a capable little machine in its own right, and does a great job for its class. It's also just plain fun to use. Its size and portability make it great for capturing a moment in the house that might otherwise go unrecorded. Photographing my dog is irresistible to me. She's old, not well, and probably doesn't have too much time left, but to me is always beautiful. So here's to Peggy -- fit subject for the lovely X10 -- to whom I dedicate this thread.

To help crank this site up, I'll toss in a few X10 black and whites. I don't have the camera any more, but did for quite a while:

6313318981_95396666e2_b.jpg

View attachment 9108

View attachment 9109

8248422876_f893611750_b.jpg

View attachment 9111

-Ray

Ray, your selected set are great. Pics 1,3 and 4 are curator worthy, IMO.

Are you shooting an XE1 now instead of the XPro?

Thanks!

No, I'm still shooting the X-Pro. The OVF has always been a big part of the APS sensor Fuji's for me, starting with the X100. I love the X-Pro, but I'm so into the OVF that I'm only going with lenses that really work well with it. No zooms, no telephoto, no ultra-wide. The 14mm may work but is about as wide as I'd go. And nothing longer than the 35mm.

-Ray

2 & 3 for me, but somebody has to explain to Ray that the X in Xtogs doesn't relate to the X in LX7. :cool:

History Lesson

Anglo-Saxon Chronicles: Year 813: "This year archbishop Wulfred, with the blessing of Pope Leo, returned to his own bishopric; and the same year king Ecgbryht laid waste West-Wales from eastward to westward. "

Back