X10 Black and White Images

Attachments

• 8275547690_aac00e8732_h.jpg
    8275547690_aac00e8732_h.jpg
    134 KB · Views: 335
  • 8129363837_66456a6d74_h.jpg
    8129363837_66456a6d74_h.jpg
    208 KB · Views: 267
sardonic iconic, i really like your set of photos, especially as they don't have a real black (rgb 0,0,0...), they float between light and dark greys which is great for the textures - was this done in post processing, or the original photo had already very low contrasts? which mode did you use in the camera?

Don't you hate that when that happens? Although it takes a while for the battery to go, I really think it's a must to have two batteries.

I particularly like your second - so much going on and yet there's a calmness to that view.

sardonic iconic, i really like your set of photos, especially as they don't have a real black (rgb 0,0,0...), they float between light and dark greys which is great for the textures - was this done in post processing, or the original photo had already very low contrasts? which mode did you use in the camera?

Done in post, I just play with curves in Lightroom. I shoot at 6mp, DR400, using the RAW files, as my shooting and post-processing style is fairly dependent on high dynamic range. Thanks for the kind words!

X10:
View attachment 9746

Don't you hate that when that happens? Although it takes a while for the battery to go, I really think it's a must to have two batteries.

I particularly like your second - so much going on and yet there's a calmness to that view.

Thanks for the comment. This is Jack Kerouac Alley in the North Beach district of San Francisco and the epi-center of the beat generation in the 50's and early 60's. And I've ordered 2 extra batteries and a charger so I won't be unpleasantly surprised again...

Back