Fuji X10 black and white images

"I have a killer black and white preset in LR which is what i used for he above."

Andy, is it something you souped yourself or one can download it somewhere to try?
I really like your results.

Nice work Andy. I don't know that any particular camera is specifically good for B&W - its usually more about exposing with it in mind and then the all-important processing. And you've done a fine job of both here. The X10 is certainly as good as anything else for B&W but I wouldn't attribute these results to the camera, just your comfort level using it and your fine eye and processing skills.

-Ray

Thanks Ray, Much appreciated!!

BB, I will ponder my thoughts yonder in the tech aspects thread in a bit, Gotta do the vacuuming 1st!! :D

pictogramax, I will PM you and send you the preset. I blagged it off the net somewhere so it's not one of mine but it is a super preset that makes the images look old. I'll PM when i have found it on my HDD to send.

Sehr Schone, Andy!

Eh? What does that mean????:D

Thanks all.

The settings I use at the moment (just to get me going) Is Aperture Priority, Jpg fine large 3:2, Dynamic range 100, Velvia film simulation, multi metering, Auto(400) ISO and auto white balance. I will have a go with EXR when I get more time. I thought i would be able to choose an EXR setting in Aperture priority but this does not seem to be the case sadly unless I have missed something.

I thought i would be able to choose an EXR setting in Aperture priority but this does not seem to be the case sadly unless I have missed something.

No problem, just put the camera in M resolution to use EXR in PASM. That way, you'll also get EXR RAW files for later in-camera enhancement or PC postprocessing.

Andy it means very beautiful in German

You probably meant "sehr schön"?

Back