Fuji X10 does Brussels

Wolf

Veteran
Well, I took some photos today
I have not uploaded all of them today , and I will take some more photos tomorrow
So check for more photos in this thread soon :)

But here are some X10 shots already

Love the stealth action ;)

6-X2.jpg

5-X2.jpg

4-X2.jpg

3-X2.jpg

1-X2.jpg

a-X2.jpg

b-X2.jpg

7-X2.jpg

It looks as though you had a beautiful day out shooting! Can you tell us about that rather large statue of the man reading by the fountain with his dog jumping up, seemingly to search for a treat in his pocket...and then there's the young lady with the red stockings engrossed in her own book, as well. Who is the statue of?

It looks as though you had a beautiful day out shooting! Can you tell us about that rather large statue of the man reading by the fountain with his dog jumping up, seemingly to search for a treat in his pocket...and then there's the young lady with the red stockings engrossed in her own book, as well. Who is the statue of?

That statue attracts all the ladies
it's always full of (young) people near him

Brussels has a LOT of statues
standbeelden in brussel (in dutch)

But the one with the dog is Karel Buls, major of Brussels from 1881-1899
Henri Lenaerts - Karel Buls

Oh and all photos were taken during a 45 min lunchbreak from work, BB ;)

That statue attracts all the ladies
it's always full of (young) people near him .....

Yes I can see that the bronze on ol' Karel Buls' right leg is getting worn. I assume his lap is rather popular then.... Looks like quite the character. Love the dog, but love the moustache even more. We've really gone tame, and lost something, in the facial hair department in the last 100 years or so.

Yes I can see that the bronze on ol' Karel Buls' right leg is getting worn. I assume his lap is rather popular then.... Looks like quite the character. Love the dog, but love the moustache even more. We've really gone tame, and lost something, in the facial hair department in the last 100 years or so.

It just so happens I read in the newspaper yesterday that "unshaved" and "beard" is hip again and that over 70% of the women prefer some kind of facial hair.

Maybe we should start a poll here :D

let your mustache grow, paint yourself bronze, sit still on a market in a big city and who knows what might happen :eek:

Back