Fuji X10 Firmware v2.0 ...soon!

I wonder how the partial color filter works on a camera. I know how to do that with PS, but I'm a bit puzzled how to control that on an LCD screen. (Yeah, I know. I diss the filters and then start wondering about them.)

I tried the effect with my Canon G1X while getting bored on a Water Taxi.
You simply spot focus on any colour you want to keep , select tolerance and that's it.
Fuji seems to be doing things slightly differently with a selection of specific colours.
Something to try when you've finished normal things!

venicered.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

venicered2.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

I've just successfully updated to the new v 2.0 firmware.

It will be interesting to go play with it to see what can be achieved with the filters. I'm not usually a fan of these effects, but will be interesting all the same.

Neil

The partial colour filters don't have any way of adjusting the colour tolerance so when I shot my Green Garden Shed it came out grey while only some of the green plants came out green. Not so useful then.
The other filters and features are more interesting - especially the mad Dynamic Tone and Toy Camera - and the new Quick Menu is worth having.

Wow, thanks for this news. I'm so busy and preoccupied that I'd never have noticed. May give it a go sometime when I'm next to my 'puter for more than a few minutes.

I look forward to reading everyone's feedback!

I haven't had a chance to have a "proper" play yet, just a few indoor snapshots with the filters and a brief fiddle with the Quick Menu.

My initial reaction with the filters is perhaps unsurprising. They are quite fun as a novelty, but I doubt that I will be using them regularly. I agree with Nippa; the partial colour filters seem very hit and miss. For example, we have purple walls in our bathroom (my wife's choice, not mine!) and when I tried the purple filter, it only picked up the walls in certain areas. I do quite like the Dynamic Tone Filter though, as this gives a similar effect to some of the Drama Effects in Snapseed.

As for the Quick Menu that is now behind the RAW Button....I like...alot! It makes changing everyday settings very convenient as they are all grouped together. It looks like the items that appear in the Quick Menu are specific to the mode that your camera is set to at the time as well, which is kinda cool.

For those of you who are worried about losing the convenience of the RAW Button to toggle between RAW and JPEG, simply set the FN Button to do this instead, because the majority of the functions that you could assign to the FN Button now appear in the Quick Menu.

These appear to be the only changes that V2.0 firmware bring to the party, so don't expect huge improvements to image quality or overall usability. This seems to be the same as V1.03.

Hope this helps all.

Cheers

Neil

Back