Fuji X10 goes to Disneyland

I was curious. We go to Disney World every year (time share) and I always think of compact camera performance in terms of the Disney trip. Lots of interesting shots, fast moving stuff, bad lighting during the best parts, needs to be away and back out quickly, etc.

I was curious. We go to Disney World every year (time share) and I always think of compact camera performance in terms of the Disney trip. Lots of interesting shots, fast moving stuff, bad lighting during the best parts, needs to be away and back out quickly, etc.
Obviously it is a lot easier to shoot there in the daytime, but you are right a lot of the indoor rides things move quickly and it is much darker in there than one thinks, your brain and eye adjust more easily than your camera. On the other hand because of the need too put the camera out of harms way often cannot imagine bringing anything but a compact camera.
Even though my girls are grown, they still want to go to the Disney once a year closed party.
It is hard to get perfect focus in total darkness, my girls
View attachment 46054

Great images. Thanks for sharing. We visit Disney World at least once a year. 'Been doing so for the past ten years. 'Lots of pictures taken with more cameras than I want to admit to. We're in Orlando right now. Landshark, I hope you are OK with posting some more X10, (X100 too), images on your thread? Any other folks visiting one of the Disney resorts?
I bought Snap Seed for my iPad and am liking it a Lot. Proabably too much Post Processing but enjoying the options.
View attachment 46243
X10 from a JPEG.
...David

Night shots are always a big part of Disney photography. They are really good with light and fire/fireworks so there are many really good venues. A camera that can't do high iso is really frustrating. I'm looking forward to our January trip with the X-10.

I have never been to Disneyland - how Un-American, I know! Our daughter went with her class in her last year of high school, so I felt vindicated.

I'm definitely enjoying seeing the sights with you all - and realizing more and more that that X10 will probably have to find its way back into my hands. Bob - your daughters know a good thing - and it's fun to see a family picture from you.:friends: David - love, love love your "Snapseed" flags!

BB - thanks! Back in the ancient times, (the late 60s), when I was a fine art undergrad I was taught the purist approach to color and B+W for that matter. Gotta' say the Snapseed PP is truly enjoyable and refreshing. Do you think Color FX can mimic these "dramatic" color effects as Snapseed refers to them? You use that program, correct?

Another shot from yesterday late afternoon. I think I have a case of da' X10 dots. But still...
X10 from JPEG processed in Snapseed.
View attachment 46300
...David

Bit off topic but...
Do you feel odd in Disneyland without Kids in tow ( ours are in their 20s ) ?
I ask because seeing those shots I fancy trying my hand and we're in LA for a few days next March.
I guess there is lots to do in LA but to be honest I've never found it much of a Tourist Trap ( we stay in Santa Monica ) and with 2 days to kill before flying home I'm looking for things to visit.

David, I do see those white dots but in this case I think they add to the image. On a more serious note, have you found them elsewhere? Color Efex can do an awful lot but I have never tried anything so wild and crazy, yet.:D

Bit off topic but...
Do you feel odd in Disneyland without Kids in tow ( ours are in their 20s ) ?
I ask because seeing those shots I fancy trying my hand and we're in LA for a few days next March.
I guess there is lots to do in LA but to be honest I've never found it much of a Tourist Trap ( we stay in Santa Monica ) and with 2 days to kill before flying home I'm looking for things to visit.

As I mentioned, we go yearly. Disneyworld is a resort, after all, with golf courses, spas, really good restaurants, etc. We do enjoy going alone, although the best part of the time share is that we can invite friends and they can come with a considerable savings. At least until we have grandchildren.

BB - no other dots yet but I haven't shot into as bright a light yet as the fireworks with the X10. Actually in that shot the original has some pretty weird coloring from the fireworks so not as much was needed in Snapseed than may appear.;)
So color FX has similar preset options?
...David

There are tons of presets, David...and the really nice thing is that you can try them out, make them your own by tweaking this and that, add on another one...go back and forth adapting them....drop one off, keep the other, etc. Color Efex Pro 4 has come a long, long way and is in my not so humble opinion an exceptional program. Check out the webs site Color Efex Pro 4 You ought to do one of their 15 day trials. Also keep your eyes peeled because quite often there are deals on the Complete Collection, as well as the individual selections. Or, if you have a Mac we can screen share!;)

Back