Fuji X10 goes to Disneyland

Bit off topic but...
Do you feel odd in Disneyland without Kids in tow ( ours are in their 20s ) ?
I ask because seeing those shots I fancy trying my hand and we're in LA for a few days next March.
I guess there is lots to do in LA but to be honest I've never found it much of a Tourist Trap ( we stay in Santa Monica ) and with 2 days to kill before flying home I'm looking for things to visit.

It all depends on what you like to see or do, while LA is not your normal tourist city, there are many things to do and see. For museums, there is the Getty, MOCA, LACMA, The Page Museum(the tar pit one) plus may others, there are the gardens, The Huntington, Descanso, LA Arboretum, Lots of great restaurants in LA, There is downtown with the Disney Hall, Angels Flight, Grand Central Market, the deserts, the mountains and the beaches, lots of stuff

Thanks for the info Landshark I'll look at those.
Looking at the prices for a 3night stay at DisneyLand rather put me off :(
Might just do the one day and with a rental car try some of your suggestions as well.
We love So Cal but usually stay in Old Town , San Diego and Julian ..plenty of photo ops there too.

I lived in Julian for three years and still visit frequently. The Eagle Peak Goldmine tour is a fun activity. You actually travel inside the mine a few hundred feet and exit on the other end. There is Anza Borrego State Park nearby. If you arrive in late March, you might be able to see some desert wild flowers and some Big Horn Sheep if you are lucky enough. About 30 miles north, there is the Palomar State Observatory with a massive telescope that is nestled in a beautiful forest. There are plenty of scenic views along the way. There are many bed and breakfasts in the area. If you want awesome hotel suggestions, try the Orchard Hill Inn, Orchard Hill Inn in Julian, California | Julian CA | Orchard Hill Country Inn. There is the Julian Hotel which is very historic and some suggest that some of the rooms are haunted. Julian Gold Rush Hotel - Historic California Bed & Breakfast Inn.

I guess I should have introduced myself first . I bought a Fuji x10 camera and saw this post about San Diego and Julian in general.

Dan - East San Diego County

Thanks Dan , enjoy your X10. Yes Julian is one of my favourite places
The year before last we visited during the apple festival with 2 friends and on the journey back to SD stopped the car to look at the sky.
Here in Europe there is so much light pollution that we hardly get to see the Stars but for the first time ever the 4 of us actually saw The Milky Way.
Now we are all in our 60s and widely traveled but none of us had seen the Stars so clearly..it was truly awesome.
Nature's own Disneyland 5000ft up in the mountains.

I guess I should have introduced myself first . I bought a Fuji x10 camera and saw this post about San Diego and Julian in general.

Dan - East San Diego County

Dan, it's not too late - just drop on by our Welcomes and Introductions forum and please don't hold back on posting some of your X10 photographs. The Site Information forum has some very helpful sticky threads, if you haven't seen them.

I'll also put a plug in here to everyone - if you've got a website or use a photo web hosting site, please consider adding a hyperlink to your signature lines.:th_salute:

Well, to bring up the obvious suggestion: Have you been to Yellowstone National Park? It's truly beautiful, a photographer's delight, and there is that added thrill of knowing you're sitting on top of one of the world's largest magma pockets.

Hey folks,

We (my family, the X-10, and me) leave tonight for Disneyworld. Aside from the Half-Marathon on Saturday morning, I'll have the X-10 out and snapping. Since these will constitute 6 days worth of Singles in January, I'll be posting at least 6 of them when I get back.

Another from our trip down to Walt Disney World in December and January. X10, ISO250, Processed in LR.
View attachment 48424
Very off thread but I have to say that 11 X 14 prints done on an HP B8550 from JPEGS images taken with the X10 are looking incredible. They are holding there own with 11 X 14 prints made a couple of years ago from an M8 with a CV lense. Sorry, but prints in my world really tell the story.
. . . David

Disneyland, Anaheim photos

Just came back from Disneyland in Anaheim. I found Disneyland to be challenging due to the fact that I walked 20 miles in two days between 2 parks and shot many photos on the run or in between meals. Having two young boys kept me very busy. These images are straight of camera, no post processing. I will do that later....

DSCF0371-XL.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

DSCF0374-XL.jpg

DSCF0378-XL.jpg

DSCF0404-XL.jpg

DSCF0422-XL.jpg

DSCF0459-XL.jpg

DSCF0532-XL.jpg

DSCF0534-XL.jpg

DSCF0540-XL.jpg

DSCF0414-XL.jpg

Attachments

• DSCF0371-XL.jpg
    DSCF0371-XL.jpg
    192 KB · Views: 128
Back