Fuji X10 Pictures

Yes I know this is the X10 Pictures thread but last time I posted I had decided to take my XT1 rather than the X10 on my April hiking trip in Spain. My rational was both the waterproof body and the low light abilities. It rained and/or poured nearly every day of my trip, I covered the lens barrel with a cheap shower cap wrapped around it and kind of shielded the body by using (as I always do) the EVF under my goretex jacket hood. I liked not having to worry about the rain. (though I didn't take photos during the downpours) The low light ability was fantastic during my many trips into churches and cathedrals (and taverns of course) on dark dreary days. Much better than my X100s.

What I could have used was a wider lens. (but didn't want to either purchase a new lens or carry it for that matter). There were many many instances in tiny villages with narrow streets that I couldn't step back far enough to take in the view I wanted.

Next camino? By then I'll probably have updated my iPhone to whatever version is available.

Here are a few of my favorites (SOOC).
Boadilla del Camino, Spain
26526973932_c6f5487225_z.jpg

Fromistra, Spain
26526977842_2a174c3fdf_z.jpg

Last edited:
DSCF4004-fo-cp-1k6.jpg

Unusual to see so much in one image, so well balanced. And those tiles ... amazing.
Thanks, Dale, it's one of my favorite hangouts. Christopher Columbus used to live 200 meters from here before he set sail for 'India' and before I forget it, Brad Pitt is filming just 50 meters around the corner this month.

The outstanding images in this thread, as well as the fact the my own X10 shooting had an unusually high rate of keepers, has moved me to acquire another one, a 22xxxx serial number, which should be delivered this week. $165 for what is described as in excellent condition with no visible flaws. I only checked the serial # as the program to replace sensors is over, and I did not want to deal with specular highlight issues. None of my other X10's had the problem, so I'm used to using the camera without that issue.

I'm not replacing the Olympus Stylus 1, which I find I use 75% of the time on the long end anyway. And I'll certainly keep my Leica X1, and E-M5. But the optical VF and a certain je ne sais quoi about the X10 always prepped me to see more interesting photos than just snapshots, so I'm looking forward to having one again. Talk about a classic.

Back