Fuji X10 processing software

DH59

Regular
I have been using Lightroom (3.6) and Elements (currently 9, but about to install 11) with my Canon DSLR. I have seen comments regarding the X10 raw files and Lightroom, but I haven't really noticed a problem so far, but I have switched to shooting jpg with the X10, just to see how they turn out, and I wondered whether to install the software on the CD that came with the X10. Does anyone use this software, and is it any better with raw files than LR?

Never used the software that came with either of my Fuji's (X10 and X100). I think LR works just fine but I also use Nik's Color Efex Pro and Silver Efex Pro 2 - they're both very good, not that one has to have them. I spent a whole month shooting solely with the X10 and only used the jpegs because I liked them better, whereas with the X100 I prefer the RAW. Different strokes and all that I guess because many people love the X100's jpegs too. It's probably just my habit. So I guess I'm not really answering your question, Diane.:blush: I hope someone else who has tried the Fuji software will respond soon.

Thanks, BB. I guess I should stick with what I know and continue with LR - it seems to be behaving OK. Just wondered what the Fuji software might offer. I have to admit, the jpgs are fine from the X10 - love the camera, really! I am thinking of getting Silver Efex Pro, though, so I will have a look when we go to Focus on Imaging in March - might be some offers on.

I've tried quite a few, incl. Silkypix, C1, LR4, PS. Honestly, there is nothing wrong with Silkypix. If you use the x10 there are also no reasons for using it (I could not find them). every software has its own pros and cons. If you're used to LR4 stick to it, get some plugins/presets (i like Nik and VSCO). I started comparing raw vs jpeg more closely but i had to postpone because of other priorities. I am sure that Rico and others will be able to answer your question better than me.
Peter

I agree with pniev. Nothing wrong with RFCEX (the free Silkypix version shipped with the cameras) and the paid version Silkypix. But to better understand where you are coming from, what comments and issues did you see about LR and the X10 raw files that you would like to see addressed?

I agree with pniev. Nothing wrong with RFCEX (the free Silkypix version shipped with the cameras) and the paid version Silkypix. But to better understand where you are coming from, what comments and issues did you see about LR and the X10 raw files that you would like to see addressed?

I had read that LR did not render the Fuji raw files very well. Others have stated that the problem is not that bad. I haven't really noticed any issues myself, so not really sure what people were referring to, but then I've been shooting mainly in jpg for a little while. I was just wondering if the Silkypix would be any better or not. Seems there's good and bad reports about that as well.

I had read that LR did not render the Fuji raw files very well. Others have stated that the problem is not that bad. I haven't really noticed any issues myself, so not really sure what people were referring to, but then I've been shooting mainly in jpg for a little while. I was just wondering if the Silkypix would be any better or not. Seems there's good and bad reports about that as well.

Those remarks have to do with processing files from x-pro1 and x-e1. These cams have the x-trans sesnsor. The x10 does not.

Back