Fuji X10 Prototype images examples at DP

Not really much to judge by I'm afraid. Both ISO100 shots of - endearing - but not telling subject matter; though I do note some bokeh. Still not sold, must see more. Any indication how this user got their hands on one?

No Flash on the iphoney.
I want my daughter to get this camera. It's perfect for her.
I think its going to be a winner. Now if I can keep her from the Pentax Q all will be right in the shooter family.

Not really much to judge by I'm afraid. Both ISO100 shots of - endearing - but not telling subject matter; though I do note some bokeh. Still not sold, must see more. Any indication how this user got their hands on one?

No idea but i guess it's a member off staff who took it home for the weekend. I'm not sure of these images and need to see more.

Don, keep your daughter away from the Q!!!!!!!! :D

Thanks Andy. Any little tidbits are fuel.;) Though, truth be told, one can't really say anything much except that dog/puppy, in particular, is awfully cute.:love:

I've been searching the web for new info on this camera, while I should be doing many other things.

Andy, she's her fathers daughter but more impulsive and more money.
So far she wants the Q, the GRD4 and maybe the Nex7. I think she needs the X10. She has used my X100 but likes zoomies.

You have some news about the Q?
Don

You have some news about the Q?
Don[/QUOTE]
No news yet but it shouldn't be long. A few people at work have played with one and they say it has a very cheap feel to it not helped by them calling some of their lenses 'Toy' lenses!!

BB: I have a titbit that 'may' knock your socks off!!!!!!!! I'm not sure if I'm allowed to say but it may be well known anyway!! Don't know if I should say anything.... :D

No news yet but it shouldn't be long. A few people at work have played with one and they say it has a very cheap feel to it not helped by them calling some of their lenses 'Toy' lenses!!

But the lenses *are* toy lenses. Thats what Pentax calls them. The base prime is not marketed as such but I think that 2 of the remaining 3 are. There are a few photographs in pentaxforums.com. Its not looking too bad, for what it is, but I am definitely not in the market for one of those.

The x10 pix: I'd like to see a lot more. Those at dpreview look at bit soft to me.

Don, keep your daughter away from the Q!!!!!!!! :D

Not just the Pentax Q, now there is the Nikon J1 to avoid!

FAMILY_3_FPO_FCO_FCP_sm_001.jpg

I tried the Q last night. It is anything but cheap feeling. Very solid (and cute), and even the kit lens has a metal mount. But, it's kind of too small and the IQ was not up to my GRD threshold.

But it did make me long for a 40-50mm GRD!

Andrew, that's an interesting comment. Do you have any images to post?
My daughter is still pondering the Q. She won't deal with a GRD for lack of zoom so I am pushing her to the X10. I think the X10 is the one to watch for the future.

The problem my daughter has is that she only makes 4x6 prints, so anything would look good.

Don, what has changed your mind? I am pretty sure I recall your being a bit of a naysayer in one of the first threads about this camera. Got any insider trading info?

P.S. I'm talking about the Fuji X10, not the Q. And it's very possible that I am misremembering.

Andrew, that's an interesting comment. Do you have any images to post?

I'm afraid not. I deleted all of the images as they were just test images. My curiosity got the best of me, since I love small cameras, and I tried one, but I quickly realized that it is not the right camera if I get yet another camera. So off it goes and I deleted the files, partly because I am having to delete files anyway to make more room on my hard drive.

The thing that did not work out for me was the dynamic range for B&W. Like my GRD3 I would use the Q most often for B&W, but the RAW files (which, conveniently, are DNG files) did not have much latitude for PP in B&W.

The camera is very cute and handsome (unlike the new Nikon 1), but not as easy to grip as the GRD. I also ordered the "toy" tele but never opened the box.

I'm sure that I could have gotten to know it better over time, but new camera, new brand, just not what I wanted to do if I did not see potential. Now, if Ricoh could do this with the GRD-sized sensor (and maybe the GRD body) then we'd be getting somewhere!

The Q might be a little wonky to use with a zoom? I think the X10 could be the better option for your daughter.

BB, The X10 would be for Bethany. I don't like zoomies but she has to have them. She's had a dozen cameras this year alone.

She's a Leica kid so she's very particular.
Andrew, agreed on the X10.
The Q is cute but who needs cute?

Hmmm, maybe Bill with a short skirt...

The X10 will rattle cages and in 6 months, many here will have one. The lens design should be stellar. It should be a great complement to the X100.
Bethany is chomping at the bit for a new camera. She has no patience , never did.

Back