Fuji X10 Sensor change - UK

Mine's back today, two days after the email to say that it was on the way. :) The job sheet says they have replaced the sensor, and the serial number is the same.

Sh*tty Stink did their level best to not deliver it, exactly as expected; no ring at the doorbell, no knock at the door, my wife fortunately heard the soft slither of the card through the letterbox and literally chased the delivery driver on his hairy little bow legs down the drive as he tried to make good his escape. The parcel wasn't even in his hand - he had left it on the van... :rolleyes:

Good luck to anyone else in the UK still waiting for theirs...!

I hate to ask, but I've read elsewhere that those who had their sensors switched in the UK have received an email about noise issues associated with the software loaded at the the time of the swap. Can anyone confirm this?

drd1135 said:
I hate to ask, but I've read elsewhere that those who had their sensors switched in the UK have received an email about noise issues associated with the software loaded at the the time of the swap. Can anyone confirm this?

Just got my email from Fuji asking me to contact them so that they can update the firmware.
I've spent the last week deliberately using the X10 against the light and I'm delighted with the results.

The problem is said to be noisy shots at low ISO , high DR and Medium size.....I hadn't noticed anything odd even though I'd tried it after reports on DPR. Again credit to Fuji for being open about this.

Well mine has just this minute come back to me after it's two week "makeover holiday" at Fuji UK
Initial inspection shows it to be in the same box that I sent it in, it still has the GGS glass screen protector on, the original battery and lens cap.

The camera is completely clean and in good working order, with no sign of dust on the inside of the lens.

The job cards says that the CMOS sensor was replaced and the Focal Scale adjusted.

First impressions, I am fairly impressed with what Fuji have done here, but of course, proof will be in the pudding.

If I have any complaint, it is the lack of communication from Fuji. Other than email to confirm receipt in the first place, I have had no further communication. It was only by pure luck that I was in when ****** Link delivered it back this afternoon.

Nevermind, it's back now, so time to go play.

Back