Fuji X10 Turn On Issue

Snix

Rookie
On some occasions, my X10 will not turn on. Turn the zoom ring and it won't go on, then off and on again usually fixes it. Anyone else had this issue? Almost seems like the internal switch has an issue...

I recall more than a few similar complaints when the X10 first launched. Not sure I ever heard any real resolution though. Seems like maybe Fuji quietly addressed the issue, or people stopped complaining about it. Sorry I can't offer any advice, but if you can return the camera or still have your warranty I'd probably try to take advantage of that and get a new one.

I have the same issue from time to time but it never got worse. It never bothered me too much hence I live with it.

I started having the same problem shortly after getting my X10. I did some research and found that a lot of times reformatting your card when you first reinstall it in the camera will solve the problem. I tried it and I haven't had the problem since. Just an idea...

Glad to hear I'm not the only one, thanks for all the comments! Looks like it could be a firmware issue perhaps. I'll try reformatting, I usually do it in the camera but lately I've been leaving the previous photos on the card as extra backup while on holidays...

On some occasions, my X10 will not turn on. Turn the zoom ring and it won't go on, then off and on again usually fixes it. Anyone else had this issue? Almost seems like the internal switch has an issue...

If the camera doesn't switch on after turning the ring, I simply (half-)press the shutter button for a few seconds, like I do when waking the camera up from "sleep mode". It very rarely happens here, but if it does...

Thanks, i did try that but nothing happened! Only turning it off and on again fixed it. But it is so rare, I don't have a definite pattern yet..

Leon

I'm going to try reformatting the card each and every time now and see how it goes. I only ever formatted it in the camera but often left previous images on the card after backing up to the computer using a card reader.. We'll see how it goes!

Leon

I had issues with both the X10 and X100 when I uploaded photos to my iPad. If I didn't format the card after the upload, the cameras would take more than a minute to restart, and that was every time they were shut down and restarted. Very annoying; apparently a problem encountered by several folks. I've stopped uploading to the iPad for the most part.

yea, I've had the same thing happen while using the x10 over the past year or so---i just turn it off and back on again. Does'nt happen that often and really is'nt a bother.

steve

One thing that helps to reduce this issue - if you remove the card from the camera, lock the card before inserting it into any device. After you're done downloading, eject it the right way, then unlock the card and put it back in the camera. I haven't had to reformat once since adopting this habit.

One thing that helps to reduce this issue - if you remove the card from the camera, lock the card before inserting it into any device. After you're done downloading, eject it the right way, then unlock the card and put it back in the camera. I haven't had to reformat once since adopting this habit.

Unfortunately, I ran into Catch 22 with the Apple Camera Connection SD card reader for iPad; it wouldn't read the card if it was locked! PITA....

I started having the same problem shortly after getting my X10. I did some research and found that a lot of times reformatting your card when you first reinstall it in the camera will solve the problem. I tried it and I haven't had the problem since. Just an idea...

Thanks for the advice. I have the same issue as Snix and will try your solution.

Back