Fuji X10/X20 battery replacements

Vali

Rookie
I was searching a bit about one of the things most have to buy: batteries.

Fortunately the NP-50 is a common battery and it seems there are some other brands that use them with another names, like Kodak KLIC-7004 or Pentax D-Li68, so they can be found very cheap.

The problem is quality. Sometimes stickers say 1400 mAh (I even saw one claiming 2300 mAh) and last less than those with only 1000 mAh plus a bad quality one can even get in fire (at least these are only 3.7 V and that means no different cells in series, wich should be safer).

Any good/bad experiences with aftermarket batteries?

I was searching a bit about one of the things most have to buy: batteries.

Fortunately the NP-50 is a common battery and it seems there are some other brands that use them with another names, like Kodak KLIC-7004 or Pentax D-Li68, so they can be found very cheap.

The problem is quality. Sometimes stickers say 1400 mAh (I even saw one claiming 2300 mAh) and last less than those with only 1000 mAh plus a bad quality one can even get in fire (at least these are only 3.7 V and that means no different cells in series, wich should be safer).

Any good/bad experiences with aftermarket batteries?

Initially I purchased supposed Fuji-branded batteries on Amazon but one of them was clearly a knock-off ( should have know with such low prices) so rather than gambling on getting another authentic one, I did some reading on various forums and gave the Maximal Power ones a try for $11 a pop...these are great, as good as the OEM one!! I keep two handy along with the stock battery and labelled them 1-3 to cycle between them.

Amazon.com : MaximalPower Replacement Li-ion Battery for FUJIFILM NP-50 Camera Batteries - Fully Decoded 3.7V 1100mAh Non-OEM Battery for Digital Photography : Digital Camera Batteries : Camera & Photo

Thanks ci-lee. Those Maximal Power seems to be the real deal in price/performance. I can get them in ebay with almost free shipping (a problem trying to buy li-ion batteries) and I don't think there will be any fakes around. Price is great too... 6.45 € a pop. :D

Back