X100 and X100S Black and White Image Thread

My contribution to X100 B&W

Shot in Raw with X100 and converted to B&W using Silver Efex Pro - a great combination!

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Grwat photos!
The photo with the two gentlemen waiting for their trains puzzles me especially. What are they thinking about? Did they notice each other? Did they have an argument and are thinking how to respond? Well, we'll never know unless Ray has the answer.

Grwat photos!
The photo with the two gentlemen waiting for their trains puzzles me especially. What are they thinking about? Did they notice each other? Did they have an argument and are thinking how to respond? Well, we'll never know unless Ray has the answer.

No idea. But I guess that open question was part of what attracted me to the shot. The folks on the train engrossed in their reading and conversations, and these two guys, clearly waiting for some other train yet to arrive, avoiding each other and the many other people on the crowded platform (but everyone else out of the frame) to the extent possible. If they'd been interacting, it might not have caught my notice...

-Ray

Ray: great stuff. I love the food shack especially, but the storms cloud shot is amazing well done.

Ian: King of b&w landscapes. I couldn't help thinking of the cooking show, Two Fat Ladies, when I saw the bike and sidecar. I still miss them.

I like this thread, lots of great shots. Always thought the X100 was great for B&W conversions.

This one was from last years "a single in January" group over on seriouscompacts.com.

4.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)
"#78 Hot Chocolate, Lexington, Massachusetts by Thomas Risberg (trisberg)) on 500px.com" border="0" style="margin: 0 0 5px 0;">

-Thomas

So many fine images in this thread, but this one stands out to me - so simple but so strong and appealing.

Spinyman - I like those San Diego shots a lot but find their darkness distracting. Have you tried them with a bit of a bump on the exposure slider? Of if you're using Silver Efex Pro, maybe just a boost to selective areas??

-Ray

Ray,I do tend to go to the dark side,but these were shot at twilight and I couldn't figure out how to boost them to my satisfaction.I don't have Silver Efex Pro and my Lightroom skills are still rather primitive.A work in progress!
Mytola, I love your image as well.

Back