Fuji X100 bw

Iansky

All-Pro
Dec 8, 2011
Cotswolds, UK
I am still being constantly amazed by both the flexibility and quality of image that the X100 produces, add to that the fact it is small, light, very tactile and silent - a great easy carry camera for all events.

The original Gnarly tree Tiff image has a real 3D effect and I find that f4 produces top quality images.

As controversial as my next statement next be, I stand by it - Personally, I think the image quality from the X100 is better than I was getting from my recently departed M8.2 + 28mm f2.8 Leica kit!

timallenphoto

Rookie
Mar 18, 2012
Kent, England.
Well I've come from an E-P1 and E-PL2 and the X100 is just in a totally different league in my opinion. I was comparing 2 shots the other day, E-PL2 at ISO 320 and X100 at ISO 2500 and the X100 image was so much cleaner. Almost feel like I've wasted a year shooting with m4/3 but I did get some good photos at least but I won't miss it at all.

Iansky

All-Pro
Dec 8, 2011
Cotswolds, UK
Tim,

I can concur with that to a degree but I still use the m4/3 system I have when I know I will need interchangeable lenses - just returned from trip to India and used the M4/3 for 85% of my images and delighted with the results even though X100 has better image quality overall - flexibility was the issue.

M4/3 images are here - 571 Photography: GX1 does Taj Mahal and Delhi

Could be worth a quick look.

Armanius

Bring Jack back!
Jan 11, 2011
Houston, Texas
Jack
I am still being constantly amazed by both the flexibility and quality of image that the X100 produces, add to that the fact it is small, light, very tactile and silent - a great easy carry camera for all events.

The original Gnarly tree Tiff image has a real 3D effect and I find that f4 produces top quality images.
Agreed!

To my eyes, the photos from my X100 have more pop than the ones from my m4/3 cameras. Not to mention much cleaner files like Tim said below.

If Fuji comes out with a X150 with a fixed 35/1.4 (that doesn't chatter too loudly), it'd make a great pair with the X100 as a near-silent two camera kit.

Latest posts

Latest threads

Top Bottom