Fuji X100 Distortion Correction in LR4

Crsnydertx

Top Veteran
Name
Chuck
I recently acquired the wide-angle conversion lens for the X100 and like it very much. I've been shooting RAW + JPEG so far, and when I import both images into Lightroom 4, it's clear that the JPEG has been corrected for distortion but the RAW has not. Do I need to set up a preset in LR to correct distortion on the RAW images? I guess I do, but I somehow had the impression that LR would auto-correct. Or maybe it corrects the regular (35 mm equivalent) images but not those using the wide-angle converter...?

Thanks in advance.

Good question, Chuck and I wish I were capable of answering for you. I'm very untechnical, alas.

I believe there are corrections one can download but I've never been 100% clear on how it works, etc. I hope someone savvy will answer in detail!

Good question, Chuck and I wish I were capable of answering for you. I'm very untechnical, alas.

I believe there are corrections one can download but I've never been 100% clear on how it works, etc. I hope someone savvy will answer in detail!

BB, thanks. It's an obscure issue, and it may eventually be addressed by Adobe in terms of their LR lens profiles. In the meantime, I can manually correct the images if needed. By the way, the wide-angle converter is a very nice addition, and it's pretty much permanently mounted on my X100.

I recently acquired the wide-angle conversion lens for the X100 and like it very much. I've been shooting RAW + JPEG so far, and when I import both images into Lightroom 4, it's clear that the JPEG has been corrected for distortion but the RAW has not. Do I need to set up a preset in LR to correct distortion on the RAW images? I guess I do, but I somehow had the impression that LR would auto-correct. Or maybe it corrects the regular (35 mm equivalent) images but not those using the wide-angle converter...?

Thanks in advance.

The best way to do it is the Adobe Lens Profile Creator (free). Camera raw, DNG | Adobe Photoshop CS6 (nearly half page, pdf instruction and download links).
I would have tried these for my OMD lenses but I don't have enough space in my home to do some tests.

PS: don't worry for the CS6 link, it works with older versions and Lightroom too.

Back