Fuji X100 Firmware 1.11 Update Posted

Having updated mine I can say that:

-MF seems a little more responsive. Its also easier to notice when in and out of focus, or ir that just wishful thinking on my behalf? no, after further playing around I can say the MF is now more useful. . YES, just had a little mess about, it certainly has improved.
-AF seems faster (I say 'seems', as io dont carry a stopwatch with me.
-AF distance has improved, but only in EVF it would seem. Camera wouldn't focus on a subject about 40cm away in OVF but would do in EVF. Still, not a great issue, as I'd always use EVf when focusing on something close. No need for Macro now, it would seem.

Yes a worthy update indeed. All those who have decided against updating to 1.11, give it a try. I think Fuji have given a flase impression of the update making quite a fw people think it's pretty much insignificant.

Christina, have you rechecked all the options that you wish to see? Remember the firmware update does return the settings to the factory's. I noted mine, but since it had been so many months since I'd arranged things the way I liked them, it took me a few tries to get it right.

Let us know how you do!

At first that happened to me, but then I rechecked everything carefully and fiddled around. I can check through my settings... I tend to be rather "seat of the pants" with these things... Let's see if some of our more methodical pals can be helpful to you in the meantime. Ray????????? Bruce????? David??? We'll send out an APB (all points bulletin)!

Back