Fuji X100 Firmware 2.0 released

Fuji says "The phenomenon is fixed that in Manual Focus mode, repeated pressing the shutter button halfway or repeated recording images could move focus position and the distance indicator to near
side." No other changes.

*POUNCE!*
ill guinea pig it! lol
ive just redecided to focus on my rx1, so if i mess up my x100, i wont be horrified for at least 36 hours...

Don't forget that you can downgrade back to v2.0 provided you keep a copy of the old dat file somewhere. I always rename the old file to something like fpupdate-200.dat before downloading the new version. No problems so far with 2.01 and despite concerns in other posts the built in level does appear in the EVF & OVF if wanted. As it has done in all previous firmware versions (on my X100 at least).

yup. FW 2.0 simply made a very good camera considerably better, and apart from the now-fixed focus shifting issue, it has no downsides. Most important improvement to me is shorter minimum focus distance in regular AF mode; no more pressing buttons for macro mode as soon as you get within 80cm of your subject (I can now get up to about a foot, maybe 40cm).

Luke, this isn't peer pressure. But we are your peers. And we are pressuring you to upgrade.

That's probably why I'm not upgrading ;)

I'm one of those guys that traded "down" from the X100s to the X100. The focus peaking is nice, but I rarely manual focus. And the AF is fast enough. I have NEVER missed a shot because I was waiting for the lens to focus.

maybe I'll load it up this afternoon anyways.

Back