Fuji X100 Firmware update 1.21 !!

Not really, unless you can transfer the update file direct to the card in your camera. That doesn't work for me with the X100. My card reader died but the MBP reader works.

My computer refuses to transfer the .dat file onto the X100's card when I plug it in. I did update the camera to 1.10 on the same computer though. And I didn't have a card reader back then either. Completely forgot how I managed that. Thanks for your reply.

This has been one of my minor gripes with the x100 as well. Just when I get a warning, the battery's gone. I'll try and let mine run down today and see if it's been fixed.

I doubt we may have a better battery metering: the X100 has got only two connections with the battery (+ and -). The third contact is unused: no communication whatsoever with the battery (that's pretty old, I don't know if it's got a chip in it...).
When it's tension goes down, its done without much warning.
The quickness of the death may depend on temperature, humidity, health of the battery, horoscope and aztec's willings... :eek:)

My computer refuses to transfer the .dat file onto the X100's card when I plug it in. I did update the camera to 1.10 on the same computer though. And I didn't have a card reader back then either. Completely forgot how I managed that. Thanks for your reply.
I use a Mac and, for me, the file needs to be on the desktop before dragging it to the card reader. Could your card be "locked"? Also, every time I use my card reader, I have to unplug it and plug it back in before the computer will recognize it.

I guess the good news is that each time I do a new firmware upgrade it takes a shorter amount of time to reset all my settings, but I'm starting to think that I am getting too much practice. Fuji, if you're listening.....please take your time and do everything you want to do and test it all out before the next one.
Thanks.

I guess the good news is that each time I do a new firmware upgrade it takes a shorter amount of time to reset all my settings, but I'm starting to think that I am getting too much practice. Fuji, if you're listening.....please take your time and do everything you want to do and test it all out before the next one.
Thanks.

I agree, for me 1.21 is a great improvement and I can work with this while they are working on the 'killer' firmware.

Here's my glass is half empty approach! :)

Looks like they'll never be able to put the auto-ISO function on the same menu as the ISO control.

And I'm still pondering why I can change the ISO with the upper control stick when using the OVF, but when using the EVF, I'm forced to use the lower control wheel to perform the same function ...

I have a macbook pro as well, should give it a try on that and see if it works. Thanks!

Back