Fuji X100 Goes To Peru & Machu Picchu

My handle on Flickr is "Gordopuggy," if anyone wants to see these pics there. There's an album.

Great images of Peru & MP. They brought back wonderful memories - I was there last year (January 2012) for a 'special' birthday; MP is such a magical place, and even better early in the morning without all the tourists! Did you manage to climb Wayna Picchu, by any chance? The views from there over MP are simply awesome, but it's a tough climb for someone entering their 7th decade!

I see that your images were all short using the X100 - I've just reserved an X100S today, which will replace my Sony NEX (to be sold on ebay!)

Great images of Peru & MP. They brought back wonderful memories - I was there last year (January 2012) for a 'special' birthday; MP is such a magical place, and even better early in the morning without all the tourists! Did you manage to climb Wayna Picchu, by any chance? The views from there over MP are simply awesome, but it's a tough climb for someone entering their 7th decade!

I see that your images were all short using the X100 - I've just reserved an X100S today, which will replace my Sony NEX (to be sold on ebay!)

My wife and her sister climbed Wayna, but I stayed below with our 3 yr old. After the 5 day hike to get there, my knees informed me that I'd done enough climbing.

And yes, the X100 was all I brought. The setup I had worked incredibly well, playing up the X100's strengths. I found the smallest little black padded bag it would fit into, put the chest compression strap from whatever backpack I was wearing through the camera bag's belt loop, and wore the X100 in the center of my chest as I hiked or walked around the city. It was *always* right under my nose, so to speak, so there was no barrier to quickly pulling it out and getting a shot. And when I wasn't shooting, it was completely out of the way - not bouncing against my hip, not rubbing on a shoulder, and not in a case big enough for a body and 2 or 3 lenses.

Back