Fuji X100 Macro

joeradza

Regular
Hi Rico, First of all thanks for all the work and knowledge you have done for this community. I've been using the X100 without any issues for about 6 months until yesterday. I was wandering around town taking random flower shots and it was quite windy. Since I wasn't doing anything real critical I decided to go full auto macro including flash. This is where I noticed a decided difference in my results. BTW I was shooting jpeg's. The results seemed to show what I guess everyone calls "smearing". Was that a result of my settings? As I've never used the auto setting, that was my feeling. It's not a big deal since I've never shot that way, but I was curious. What do you think? Thanks in advance.

Joe

I think posting an image might help in analyzing what happened. Do you know which apertures the camera used? In macro, wide apertures can give very soft results.

I think what you're seeing here is a problem with clipping of the red channel as opposed to any smearing. This is something nearly all cameras have a problem with. It can be managed to a degree by underexposing the image a bit to retail detail in the reds and/or lowering the saturation of the red channel in post (assuming you shot the image in RAW).

Back