Fuji X100 Raw to Jpeg conversion in camera.

Streetshooter

Administrator Emeritus
I'm a raw shooter but convert to jpeg for web stuff etc.
The X100 has a great converter built into the camera itself.

Select a raw file in the camera, hit the OK button and then move the control dial up or down.
You will see the option for raw conversion.
There are many options to select from. The cool thing is you can make as many jpegs as you want and never effect the raw file.

I know youse all know this but I found this to be a very cool feature.
It's on page 67 of the manual for those that actually read the thing.

Enjoy.....

It gets easier, Armando. I think like most manuals they're not written by lay people.;)

Don, I'll have to check your jpeg converter out. So you must be shooting RAW completely in order for this option to work. You can't be using RAW plus JPEG. Very interesting - I can imagine someone "in the field" using this as a quick method of sending their finished photos off. Hmm, the more I learn about this camera.... Very interesting, indeed!

Hi guys, Ive been out and about with the Fujifilm x100 a lot and have shot all shots with raw only, thing is the preview seen in camera has the jpeg settings preset so when I see it in camera it looks really nice but on my computer its usually underexposed and the colours do not "pop" like they do in camera. Im using Lightroom 3.4 and I can't find a way to apply the in camera settings. So using this in camera converter can I produce a jpeg from the raw tl

Of late, I've just been shooting jpg instead of RAW and then using PS to add finishing touches... seems to me that the OOC jpgs are pretty good. Must try doing the in camera conversion though. Never even knew it existed *reaches for the manual*

Are the in camera converted Jpg's better than the images taken in the Jpg setting?
No, they're the same. It just allows you to try different settings, including film modes, NR, sharpening, etc, for any given shot. You can process it three or four ways and choose the one you like best.

But, like Sue, I'm so happy with the jpegs coming out of this camera that I almost never shoot raw with it. And still plenty of latitude for any PP I decide to do.

-Ray

I'm a raw shooter but convert to jpeg for web stuff etc.
The X100 has a great converter built into the camera itself.

Select a raw file in the camera, hit the OK button and then move the control dial up or down.
You will see the option for raw conversion.
There are many options to select from. The cool thing is you can make as many jpegs as you want and never effect the raw file.

I know youse all know this but I found this to be a very cool feature.
It's on page 67 of the manual for those that actually read the thing.

Enjoy.....

To get to the conversion menu it is a bit quicker just to press the RAW button when in playback.

Thanks for the tip reminder Don. For me, having just looked at all the on-screen options for the conversion, how do you manage any adjustments using that tiny image tucked over to the left of the menu?

It is, and it does! Epic thread revival though... ;)

For its latest models, fuji also has software called Fuji x raw, or something like that. It allows you to hook the camera up to your computer, and use the camera's jpeg engine to process the raw files with aby jpeg engine settings you like. In other words, it does the exact same thing as the in-camera conversion, except it allows you to use the computer as a tethered screen to judge the effects much better, and you can batch process.

Also, apparently the GFX can develop raw files into TIFFs... i really wish the other Fuji models could do so as well, would help us get around any raw developer issues (I'm looking at you, dxo for not accepting fuji files, and adobe for still not making the very best of them)

I love a good zombie thread, it's like bumping into old friends.

I shoot raw+jpg all the time on my X-100F and X-Pro2, in fact I have on all my Fuji bodies over the years. I tend to shoot a lot of Acros, but the in camera raw converter is very good at just flipping into another film type such as Chrome or Velvia. In fact I never bother with deektop raw conversion. There, I've said it!

Return of the Living Thread! :D

I only came across (Acros ;)) this thread because I've been using my original X100 again and I wanted to know if it can do in-camera raw conversion. If/when I get the X100F, the combination of raw conversion and WiFi will enable me to send photos via smartphone during travel, something I haven't done with a camera before.

For me, I prefer to shoot raw only to save space, then download, process and distribute later. The only way for me to send images during trips is to use my smartphone, which interrupts the flow if I'm shooting something and suddenly decide to send someone a picture of what I'm seeing. Being able to shoot raw, process in camera and send to a phone will solve this. It'll also give a better quality image. More cameras are doing it these days, but the X100 solution looks pretty good.

Back