Fuji X100 settings for punchier JPEGs

Steven

Rookie
I've been using X100 on default Provia settings and find the results a little lacking in impact. I find I usually end up adding some clarity in Lightroom. Could someone share their Jpeg settings that result in more striking contrasty JPEG files? I read somewhere else that Velvia mode is not recommended because it crushes blacks too much. Is that the general consensus?
Thank you :)

I've been playing around with the following settings: Astia, DR200, color mid, sharpness m-hard, highlight std, shadow m-soft, noise reduction m-low.
Seems to work pretty well, but I haven't gotten enough shots in with the X100 to really make a final judgement.

I shoot raw+jpeg so I can go back and "redevelop" with other settings if I want to try something else.

As long as you have the X100 set to also soot Raw, Raw+JPEG in your case, you can use the camera's Raw converter to render any number of JPEGs after the event to see what you prefer. A great feature of X cameras.

Have a look at Rico's excellent article. Apologies if you already know all this!

Back