Fuji X100 Slow startup

Iansky

All-Pro
I have had my X100 for just over a year now and noticed recently that when turning it on it has often not started so I have had to switch to off again then back on and wait for a while to get it to tun on.

The battery is fully charged (have also tried other batteries) and the problem doe still happen on an intermittent basis.

Has anyone else experienced this and if so what have they done (I am waiting to hear from Fuji but feel sure they will tell me to send it back).

I'm sorry to hear that Ian.I hope it's an easy fix because I really look forward to your posts.I haven't had that problem, maybe I'd better put mine up for sale before I have issues.Time is getting short for the new shipment.

I have had my X100 for just over a year now and noticed recently that when turning it on it has often not started so I have had to switch to off again then back on and wait for a while to get it to tun on.

The battery is fully charged (have also tried other batteries) and the problem doe still happen on an intermittent basis.

Has anyone else experienced this and if so what have they done (I am waiting to hear from Fuji but feel sure they will tell me to send it back).

I agree with crsnydertx - this sounds like the problem of system files being saved to your SD card when connected to a Mac. The problem is usually solved either by:

a) setting the tab on your SD card to the locked position before connecting to the Mac (don't forget to revert to the unlocked setting afterwards!)
b) re-formatting the SD card in the camera after it has been connected to a Mac​

Hope this helps.

Hi All,

Thanks for the feedback.

I do put my SD card in my Mac to transfer images via Lightroom, I then put the card back in the camera and reformat it in camera before shooting more images sometimes this works others not.

I just hope it is down to SD card and Apple rather than the camera itself - thank you all so much for that valuable info though.

https://www.sdcard.org/downloads/formatter_3/

You could try reformatting with the software above to see if it makes a difference although I would have expected a camera format to do exactly the same.
I've read that it may help to run the camera format on the internal memory ( ie with no sd card in ) although you may need to select jpeg and not RAW to do it.

Back