Fuji X100 - still an option?

X100 fan here: hapticly it's perfect, with the new firmware not quite so leisurely, and for street photography you can set it to hyperfocal focus and get instant response. I have a good selection of m43 gear, and still enjoy my X100. On a recent trip to Rome, it's what I took and it didn't let me down!

Despite having many cameras, including the Ricoh GXR, GRD III, and GR; Leica M7 and M9; Olympus EM-5 and Panasonic GH3; I still love the X100. The hybrid viewfinder is unique in my collection, the files and colours are excellent, and the firmware update makes AF even more snappy. People talk about 'obsolete' cameras, but the X100s didn't suddenly make the X100 stop working. I began digital photography with a small sensor compact from Canon, but when I look at my collection, I think that if I was starting photography all over again, I would like it to be with the X100. And I could happily use it for general shooting for years, too.

My previously cameras are panasonic lx3, Olympus ep3, canon crop and ff and today my only camera is the x100 and
I think it's the best thing I used so far. I can't see a single negative issue with it.

I find the fixed lens cameras interesting. I was wondering what is it about the x100's sensor that makes you like that better than the xtrans in the x100s? I've seen a bunch of posts of people talking about the xtrans sensors and how amazing they are. Would like to hear some comparisons on what you guys think about the difference in the sensors. I have MFT gear, I'm on Mu-43.com and Serious Compacts. What got me interested in the fixed lens cameras were the Sigma DPM's and the RX1(but that is way out of my price range for the time being), I don't have one and haven't used one just seen a bunch of the pictures and I think it would be fun to have a fixed lens camera as well as an ICL system. Love to hear your thoughts.

Still on the market for one of those, waiting for good prices. Quick question though: Is there a certain s/n range I should look out for? Don't wanna run into the SAB problem. Thanks!

Are you in the UK? I bought a refurbished X100 for £404 (including promo voucher) in October. These come with a 12 month warranty. I have seen these come back into stock from time to time.

Buying a refurb has it's own problems of course but as it came for about the same price as buying used from Ebay I thought it was a better option.

Mine has an early serial number but looking at the EXIF info (see earlier in this thread) the 'manufacture' date is much later.

Hope this helps.

Back