X100 street in Gloucester

Iansky

All-Pro
I took my wife to an event yesterday and while she was there I wandered the streets so that I could grab some images with the X100.

These are 3 from the wandering.

1405-paper-seller.jpg

1404-chilling-out.jpg

1403-crisp-man.jpg

Hi Dennis,

Thanks, that is my favourite.

He was in his own world and enjoying his food so I did not wish to interrupt him, I just sat opposite him and then when time was right took the photo, he was totally oblivious to me taking it as he was concentrating on enjoying his eating and looking around.

Ian , thanks fot the reply. Do you find you prefer the x100 to your GX1 panasonic, and if you do what are some particulars of same.
Dennis.

I like 3, but #2 is the winner for me! Love the situation you captured, the perspective, the DOF just enough to keep the entire subject sharp and blur everything else. It keeps me looking, and wondering what is he thinking, what is she dreaming, where will they go when they leave the bench, what is their day like...

Hi Dennis,

I like both cameras but have to admit that I have the GX1 boxed up with my Nikon kit ready to exchange for an OMD kit as I know the IQ of the OMD is a lot closer to the X100 than the GX1 is.

The GX1 is a superb camera and much better than my previous GF1, but, I discovered I had equipment sat around being used 2/3 times a year so I cannot justify keeping it - I wanted to stay with the Mu43 format as the AF speed is superb and having a small footprint helps.

I have done a lot of reading, watching online reviews and talking to people who use & own OMD's and this cross section of feedback coupled with that on the Mu43 sister site has convinced me the OMD is the way to go (plus the Sony sensor).

I will still keep the X100 as it is a beautiful camera for landscape work as well as an easy to carry camera under a coat so it will continue to be used for a broad mix and when I want to stick with 1 focal length - I will obviously make further decisions once I have the OMD + lenses and have tried it street wise but there is room for both.

Back