Fuji x100 vs x100s: image quality, still "Leica-like"?

merliin

Rookie
The x100 has been praised for it's "Leica-like" image quality. The pics that I came across in the net were truly stunning. The x100s has a new X-Trans II type of sensor that certainly has it's advantages, but... will it not change in a wrong way the above mentioned pictures characteristics of the x100? Can anyone with XE-1/X-Pro (both have X-Trans sensors) AND x100 experience comment on this? Thanks! m.

I don't think that the X100 produced anything "Leica-like". Instead, it was very much "Fuji-like" and perfectly in line with the look coming out of previous Fuji cameras I owned. I very much enjoy this inter-operability between different Fuji cameras. All X-series cameras have very similar looking output. I find this very practical, as I am using all X-series models.

Leica images (as in the X1 and X2) have their own "typical" look, of course.

I agree, I don't find the X100's output to be Leica-like at all. And this is coming from M9 and M7 ownership, plus a slew of lenses. The X100 has a uniquely Fuji colour signature, which I find to be accurate but still attractive. The X-Pro 1 and X-E1 have their own look, and it will be interesting to see how the X100's lens does when paired with the X-Trans II sensor.

OK., let's forget about the "Leica-like" part of the question then; I take your point :)

What interests me the most is if the new sensor will somehow (hopefully not in a wrong direction) change the characterictics of images? People who used both XE-1/X-Pro1 and X100 could have some valuable input here.

Back