Fuji X100 Wide Angle adapter

stanleyk

Top Veteran
Since I struck out selling the camera I bought the wide angle adapter. I'm sure that sound completely rational...... Anyway, it arrived today. I only got to take 10 photos with it tonight because the sun only came out right at 8 PM. It's very well built and fits perfectly. Here are a couple of samples. I believe they are all at F4. I anyone wants to some kind of landscape shot or something else let me know (also let me know what F stop you are interested in). I mostly just take pictures of my dogs to pass the time while they are getting their exercise.

Is the difference worth the price, so far?

If you are wondering about the difference between 28mm and 35mm, that is definitely going to be somewhat subjective. For me there is noticeable difference between the two focal lengths. However, I certainly would not argue that would be true for everyone.

If the weather holds up, I will try and post something more traditionally landscape at F8 tonight after I get back from lake. I'm a cr@ppy photographer but it might help some the people here get an idea about the adapter.

Also it might be worth mentioning I'm not the pixel peeping type. I don't examine crops (heck I don't even crop I just use whatever aspect ratio the lens/camera is) or examine the corners for sharpness, ect. I'm not dismissing that, I just don't have the patience to do it or the talent/ability to justify it. I do think there are a couple of places out at the lake where I can take a landscape type shot with a tree, ect that might be good for anyone who is interested. The composition will probably be atrocious though..........:)

In short I like it so far. It is kind of pricey though.

Now this is a stick!!!!!!!

That bridge is pretty far from the trail head. It's fairly old. When they dammed the river to make the lake there were two old (I think 1930's or 40's era) bridges that were removed. They are now on the trails. How they got them there I have no idea.

Oh yeah, I think both of these are at F8.

I thought about whether it was worth it or not. I used to use a Nikon 28mm F2.8 AI-S lense. I think it's better than that. Those cost about $500+ new (BandH still carries them). It's a whole lot better than the 28mm plastic F2.8 Nikon, not even close. So maybe it seems more pricey than it should because...well...it's an adapter. If you think about it as a lens, it's actually a pretty great deal.

Here's the converter/adapter in Macro mode. I didn't notice it focusing any slower in this mode with the converter/adapter on. F4 I think. Not the best photo and it was intermittently cloudy overcast. But given my lack of photographic skills this is about as good an example as you are going to get....... :)

Upon further review, I now realize the problem was all due to organic bananas. I bought this bunch of expensive organic bananas at the supermarket while at the same time also purchasing a package of bakery made cream cheese cinnamon rolls. The idea being that I would balance the delicious goodness of the cinnamon rolls with a healthy banana for breakfast. Of course the bananas languished on my counter uneaten while I pigged out on the pastries. This morning I felt guilty when I looked at the bananas so I ate most of them before they turned completely. Now if I there had been a cream cheese cinnamon roll to go with the bananas I bet that shot would have been better.

I'm not sure if I should be laughing at your gastronomic choice, or feeling sorry for your stomach.:D

Love the resolution and the scenery. My dog is jealous of yours, big time! That said, we'll be spending more and more time up in the country which will be more fun for us both.

I can just imagine being shook on by your dog as he/she came out of that water.;)

Back