Fuji X100 won't turn off.

tyrphoto

Regular
It seems my X100 won't turn off. When the on/off switch is placed in the off position, pressing any button or sometimes even tilting the body, wakes the X100 up.

Anyone else have had this problem? I suppose I'll have to send it in to Fuji for repairs. With Fuji, is this done thru the dealer or is there a list of worldwide repair centers somewhere? I'm located in Korea.

Tried turning off different settings including the "quick start" as well "OVF savings mode" as well as a few others to no avail. I found one other instance of it on the net and it seems that some have experienced the same. The culprit seems to be a finicky on/off switch as well as one instance where the lens was faulty.

I contacted Fujifilm Korea via their website support over the weekend and got a response today on Monday. Thankfully, there's a local service center just minutes from my home. Just got to find time to go there and see what the estimate is for the repair.

I have the same issue with an X100. Did you managed to fix the problem? I've set the camera to turn off automatically after 2 minutes of non use to save battery but this sure is anoying. Dont really feel like having to spend a lot of money fixing this.

Back