Fuji X100F announced!

This may sound silly... but I have a travel kit that includes the Fuji X100T and the X30. The two cameras share the same battery and charger (a nice, compact aftermarket unit), and it all fits with spare batteries and cards in a not-too-large Domke bag.

Upgrading to the X100F would change the shared-battery and charger situation. Plus, I'd have to buy a new leather half-case for it because the size grew just enough (probably because of the battery) to require it. Besides, the kind of shooting I do with this particular camera probably won't take advantage of the improvements offered by the X100F.

I think I'll keep the X100T for a while. Besides, I can upgrade my X-T10 to an X-T20 for a lot less money. But I'm sure we'd all love to learn the impressions from anyone who does pick up an X100F.

This may sound silly... but I have a travel kit that includes the Fuji X100T and the X30. The two cameras share the same battery and charger (a nice, compact aftermarket unit), and it all fits with spare batteries and cards in a not-too-large Domke bag.

Upgrading to the X100F would change the shared-battery and charger situation. Plus, I'd have to buy a new leather half-case for it because the size grew just enough (probably because of the battery) to require it. Besides, the kind of shooting I do with this particular camera probably won't take advantage of the improvements offered by the X100F.

I think I'll keep the X100T for a while. Besides, I can upgrade my X-T10 to an X-T20 for a lot less money. But I'm sure we'd all love to learn the impressions from anyone who does pick up an X100F.
It doesn't sound silly. Two battery systems take up space. If you have a tidy kit you like why mess with it?

At one point I carried a Ricoh GXR and the X100 - they took the same batteries too. It is a real boon to cut down on the charger real-estate and cableage let alone the batteries of batteries.

No announcements Bill, but when you consider
1) Sony ceasing the 16mp sensor;
2) All these other current and new releases from other brands making 24mp the standard;
3) Later this year will mark 2 years since the last release (some people think it wasn't really that);
4) Ricoh have introduced a new model every odd year since 2005; and
5) It would be a huge surprise for everyone if Ricoh didn’t introduce a new GR this year,
then I think I can be a little bit confident of a refresh. Well, enough to ward off any X100F G.A.S anyway.

I fervently hope you are right, but stacked against all of the above is the simple fact that Pentax has become the de facto photo division of Ricoh since being acquired. And the GR wasn't invented there...

Hope is not a strategy, I'm afraid.

Back