Fuji X100s adapter and lens shade for black camera

Iansky

All-Pro
I received an Email the other day from the UK Fuji shop telling me they had stock of the black X100s adaptor and lens shade so called up to order.

I was expecting the cost to be the same as the silver version (£89.99 for the set)!

Alas, Fuji have decided to charge a premium price that worked out at:

FUJIFILM X100S / X100 Adaptor Ring - Black P10NA05390A 1 £29.99
FUJIFILM X100S / X100 Lens Hood - Black P10NA05380A 1 £79.99

and postage on top (they do not sell them as a kit as they do the silver version??????????).

I have seen the black version of the X100s camera selling for £899 and the silver for £999 so do not understand how Fuji can justify charging these extortionate prices for accessories.

Luckily I got a free Fuji X100s case (new version in dark brown with flap to access battery/SD card) when I bought the camera so that has balanced out the cost of the hood but it still irritates me.

I have got a third party black adaptor/hood that cost under £10 and are both metal but the fit is not very good, it will continue to serve me until the Fuji version arrives.

I also managed to source my Fuji EF-X20 flash for £149.00 from a third party supplier (it is a genuine Fuji version) yet the Fuji shop charge £229.00 + postage!

Still, these are the last 2 items I need for the X100s and just hope Fuji start to consider charging fair prices across like models for the same items and I have been told that the coating system is similar in cost for both sets!

Fuji are right up there with Apple when it comes to accessory pricing (says the man with a house full of both!) I have the JJC copy hood and adapter for my silver X100 and it's pretty hard to tell the difference in quality from my 'official' X10 hood. Have JJC started doing a black X100 set yet?

Hi Phil,

I contacted JJC and they are not planning on a black version of the adaptor/hood yet - I guess they are waiting for sufficient disgruntled owners to contact them rather than buy the Fuji version.

I was the same Jimmy, could not and still cannot understand why they sell the silver version as a kit yet split the black version - money grabbing operation!

Follow up to my last - the items arrived today and when I opened the box containing the hood, I found the box also included the adaptor as a kit so I have ended up buying an adaptor I do not need!

I called the Fuji shop and the gent I spoke to seemed to have no clue about stock and tried to make some lame excuses - I told him that i had been told categorically by one of his colleagues that there was no kit!!!

I managed to get a Freepost address to return for a refund.

Come on Fuji UK, get your act together!

Back