Fuji X100s cases and bags

Has anyone checked out the SnapR bags from Black Rapid. The camera is on a built in sling strap, the end opens and the camera slides out, ready to slide up the strap (the same strap that holds the bag. There are two models - the small one holds the X100s without hood or 28mm lens, the large one holds it with the hood - not sure about the 28mm lens. Two small pockets on the sides for batteries, cards, probably even fit a cell phone...

When I had my X100, I used these almost exclusively. They stayed out of the way but protected the camera when I stowed it and carried just the right amount of extra stuff...

-Ray

OK lads & lasses, maybe you lot can help me, because I've run out of search terms to try. I'm looking for a case / pouch for my X100, that meets most or all of the following criteria:

-large enough for X100 + filter adapter (but with as little extra room to spare as possible - I want the whole package to be small);
-Vertical orientation (so the opening is on the short side);
-Zippered opening - preferably not a clamshell type, that runs along both long sides, but the type that runs a circle around the short side, so that only the short side peels open;
-very strong preference for green, sand, khaki or similar colours - not black, not white, not orange or red or blue or some other "strong" colour that's easily identifiable as camera bag;
-vertical belt loop at the rear (so with the case in vertical position, the belt goes through horizontally), preferably a belt loop that can be opened
-soft enough on the inside that I won't have to worry about scratching lens or filter if I don't use the lens cap;
-preferably some kind of waterproof or water-resistant material; and
-something affordable would be nice :)

The National Geographic A1212 meets almost all your criteria:

- holds my X100 with filter adapter and filter like a glove
- vertical orientation
- opening is NOT zippered, but a velcro flap
- from NG's 'Africa' series, brown/earth colour
- velcro belt loop, can be put on or taken off without opening the belt (and a detachable shoulder strap)
- very soft cotton inside - I don't use a lens cap
- water resistant
- €32,90 at amazon.de
- £23,58 at amazon.co.uk here:
www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/s/ref=is_box_?k=national+a1212&x=10&y=10

Very happy with mine: I put a spare battery and a spare card in the thin front pocket and the whole thing is so light, you hardly feel it.

Has anyone checked out the SnapR bags from Black Rapid. The camera is on a built in sling strap, the end opens and the camera slides out, ready to slide up the strap (the same strap that holds the bag. There are two models - the small one holds the X100s without hood or 28mm lens, the large one holds it with the hood - not sure about the 28mm lens. Two small pockets on the sides for batteries, cards, probably even fit a cell phone...

When I had my X100, I used these almost exclusively. They stayed out of the way but protected the camera when I stowed it and carried just the right amount of extra stuff...

-Ray

i tried out the snapr35 when i first got my x-e1. it was kind of awkward for me to have the bag and camera hanging from the straps. i then deleted the bag and used it as just a sling strap. but i realised i didn't like how the camera bounces every which way and when you're grabbing it for a shot, i'd have to spin the grip around. i ended up just getting a regular neck strap.

i already ordered the natgeo a1212 pouch and, previously, the manfrotto nano vii pouch. the nano vii sucks. you can't fit anything in the front pocket with a bare x100/s. i've got the modular grip/qr plate and a hood on mine. that as it was wouldn't fit at all. even with a x20 (w/no hood), you're not really going to be able to fit a spare battery in the front pocket.

i'm going to assume because of the, lengthwise, open-ended flap design of the natgeo pouch, my grip and L-plate would only leave my x100s hanging out whatever difference between the two.

(Sent from my EVO via Tapatalk)

Thanks for the input so far guys! The Thinktank Mirrorless Movers and the Snapr 20 would both be just about perfect if they weren't so obviously camera bags. The Nat Geo looks very nice, but I'd really like a zipper, mainly due to dust concerns, and I really don't want to have a velcro opening because of the noise it makes (click lock buckle would be acceptable). Manfrotto nano vii looks pretty nice too, except for the horizontal orientation and the velcro.

Yes, Bart, I would prefer the NatGeo without velcro, too ... but you can't always have everything :)

My next smaller bag is the Billingham Hadley Digital, which is great, but larger than needed for just the X100. It holds the OM-D E-M5 with 17 1.8 attached, 9-18 and 40-150 (or two other primes). Khaki: we must have the same tastes :)

Or you take the X100 and have room for your keys, wallet, sunglasses as well. However, it is expensive: I got mine (barely) used on ebay for 75€.

you can buy the opposing velcro side from like, target, and just cover the velcro. being a natgeo bag, i would think it would be okay against that safari dust. lol

with my qr plate, i can't even fit it with a filter. instead, i'm using it to carry my lenspen, three spare batteries, filter case (cpl, nd), ef-x20 + three spare AAAs.

Hello,
Sorry for my lack of activity regarding this post, I've been in the middle of a family crisis, and my X100s had to be returned for replacement due a fault.
I've kind of made up my mind to go with the ThinkTank Mirrorless Mover bags and I would prefer the 5 but I've been told it's too neat a fit, but the 10 is shown on the web site with an OM-D and lens. That suggests there's a lot of excess space when an X100s is inside and, as it is a fixed lens, I wouldn't be carrying any extra lenses so, I just want to carry the X100s and nothing else. Are any of you owners of either, or both, bags and can you give a review for us please. I need to know if the X100s fits easily in a 5 or is it too tight?

I have the 10 for my X20. I quite like it. Depending what I am doing and where I am going, I use the extra space to carry the charger, lens hood, a flash or as a space to store sunglasses etc. I always tend to buy bags one size bigger than I think I need. I always find a use for the extra space and if I don't have it I usually miss it.

I have the 10 for my X20. I quite like it. Depending what I am doing and where I am going, I use the extra space to carry the charger, lens hood, a flash or as a space to store sunglasses etc. I always tend to buy bags one size bigger than I think I need. I always find a use for the extra space and if I don't have it I usually miss it.

Hello,
Did you consider the MM5 when you looked at buying the MM10?

I did. It would have fit the camera and nothing else. Not having seen the X100, I cannot comment on how it would fit. I believe it is a bit bigger than the X20.

OK, I've ordered the ThinkTank photo Mirrorless Mover 10. It's larger than I wanted but it's the next best thing as I really wanted a compact case rather like the official X100/s case. I couldn't justify £100 for that though. Thanks for all your comments and help in my choice.

Back