Fuji X100s cases and bags

macjim

Regular
I've been looking for a case or bag to use to carry my X100s (when It gets replaced or repaired by Fuji) and I'm finding it difficult to get one that's just right. I like the official case, leather and traditional, but I would prefer something that doesn't say 'camera' when I carry just the camera when I don't want to carry my full camera bag and kit (I have the X-Pro1 and prime lenses). I've seen one so far but I think it's a little large ( Case Logic's SLMC-200 ) but I'd like to hear your suggestions for a good case/bag please.

Sent from my iPad using FujiXspot mobile app

If your looking for affordable good bags check out eBay or amazon for canvas camera bags. I picked one up for only $45. Big enough for everything you mentioned plus a lot more and easily converted to a day bag. Another suggestion is the Lowepro passport sling which is small but expandable and doesn't scream "camera bag". Think Tank also released its new turn style sling bag which looks good.

If your looking for a good single bag for just carrying your x100s check out Blackrapid snapr 35 bag which is an amazing bag!

Hope that helps

Hello, OK, I had a look at the BlackRapid bag on the web site but I didn't like the look of it. With the end opening it looked as if a camera could be dropped easily when removing and replacing the camera into it. Anyone had any experience with these new ThinkTank Mirrorless Mover 5 bags?

ThinkTank are pushing me towards the Mirrorless Mover 10 as they say the 5 is too small for the X100s.

Sent from my iPhone using FujiXspot mobile app

I like leather cases, but I don't like the two-piece "Everready" type leather cases -- but holster types where you remove the camera to use it seem to suit me.

rsz.php?username=HAOJIES&image=x10-6.jpg

These on eBay at the link below and are about $15 from China and I use the darker of the two shown at this link. It's basically "one piece" and you sling it over your shoulder or across your chest. Reach down, pull off one magnetic closure and pull the camera out and use it. It does come with a long strap.

It will fit with the original lens cap on, and it will fit with the filter adapter, filter, and low profile cap as well but just barely. I use mine with a very low profile push-on Fujica (just to keep it in the family) cap from a late 1960's early 1970's Fujica that used 49mm filters also. It does not fit over the hood.

I realize that's not everybody's cup of tea, but it's how I like to carry it. I had a similar case for my LX7.

Here's the eBay link: Leather Case BAG Cover FOR Fuji Fujifilm Finepix LC X100 Camera With Strap | eBay

Quick hack photography but here's the camera with the vintage lens cap. One in the case I mentioned also. I don't use a strap on the camera, just on the case. I use a wrist lanyard only on the camera.

View attachment 2375View attachment 2376View attachment 2377

Attachments

• 20130821-_1000393.jpg
    20130821-_1000393.jpg
    196.7 KB · Views: 635
  • 20130821-_1000394.jpg
    20130821-_1000394.jpg
    206.1 KB · Views: 610
  • 20130821-_1000395.jpg
    20130821-_1000395.jpg
    257.7 KB · Views: 667
does that corner in front of the vf show when viewing through the ovf?

(Sent from my EVO via Tapatalk)

You can't use the camera in the holster. You have to take it out. This one is not like the two piece cases -- but I prefer these as I can simply slide the camera out and shoot without the encumbrance of a strap on the camera.

i just found a camera bag i totally forgot i ever had. it's really well-padded, and all the extra pockets adds a little bit more cushion.

View attachment 15385
lowepro edit 110 by σι. σ σ, on Flickr

View attachment 15386

View attachment 15387

This bag looks decent. Unassuming. Hopefully it will fit the X100 with the conversion lens. I'm looking for a bag to hold the camera with lens attached.

Sent from my GT-P3100 using Tapatalk 4

in that little mesh, i have a divider there. i'm sure you can manipulate it in a way to be able to position the x100/s face down with the wcl attached. it would surely work, face up.

(Sent from my EVO via Tapatalk)

Hello,
It's been a wee while since I commented on my post (my X100s had to be replaced with a new camera and that too a while to happen) I've kind of made up my mind to go with the ThinkTank Mirrorless Mover bag but I want to know if anyone is using either of the MM5's or 10's. Could you tell me if the x100s fits in the 5 with comfort or is it too tight and better going for the MM10 instead? I keep getting told to MM10 is better but when I see the images of this bag, it's got a photo of the OM-E and OM-D cameras and a lens, I only want to carry the X100s in the bag so extra space isn't needed.

Just back from a week in Rome. Took my X100 instead of my M43 kit, since photography wasn't the focus. (My wife's nephew and his new bride wanted my wife to show them Rome: churches, the forum, museums, etc..) I had it in my National Geographic A1212, without the neck/shoulder strap, on my belt.

Easy to get in and out, inconspicuous, spare battery and card in the front pockets. Wouldn't fit with a hood: I just had a filter on the lens.

I use a Mirrorless designed bag from Golla, the Salmiak G1018, when I'm out with just one camera and don't want to take a larger bag. Very neat. A nice video and pictures here showing the design. Golla bag

Hello,
It's been a wee while since I commented on my post (my X100s had to be replaced with a new camera and that too a while to happen) I've kind of made up my mind to go with the ThinkTank Mirrorless Mover bag but I want to know if anyone is using either of the MM5's or 10's. Could you tell me if the x100s fits in the 5 with comfort or is it too tight and better going for the MM10 instead? I keep getting told to MM10 is better but when I see the images of this bag, it's got a photo of the OM-E and OM-D cameras and a lens, I only want to carry the X100s in the bag so extra space isn't needed.

I carried my 100S on a Gordy wrist strap, filter pouch, two extra batteries and extra memory card in a bag that appears to be very similar in size to the MM5. Anything larger is overkill for me, unless you also want to carry things like your phone, wallet, etc.

OK, I've ordered the ThinkTank photo Mirrorless Mover 10. It's larger than I wanted but it's the next best thing as I really wanted a compact case rather like the official X100/s case. I couldn't justify £100 for that though. Thanks for all your comments and help in my choice.

It's not a bad bag at all. Still larger than I wanted but I've grown to like it. I have the camera, a lens brush and the lens hood and fittings in next to it, and have used the divider to separate the camera from the accessories. So when I want to travel light, I attach my brolly to the strap (a Rohan fold up) and put my iPad mini in my pocket. The other nice thing is the inclusion of the rain cover which, as on my Retrospective 7 bag, is useful on really wet days.

Back