Fuji X100s: Change in Expected Availability at B&H

Got this email 2 hours ago..:(

Dear -------------

You placed order #--------- on 05/02/13.

One or more items from this purchase are still out of stock as we haven't
yet received the merchandise from our supplier. We are sorry for any
inconvenience this may have caused. We will keep you posted periodically.

We appreciate your patience and patronage. Feel free to contact us with any
questions or comments about this order.

Thank you.

B&H Photo-Video

Sorry to hear... is this normal for a high demand camera?

I hadn't realized retailers were still having trouble keeping the camera in stock

When I phoned Fujifilm they stated they sent I think it was 150 camera's to B&H and all were used to fill back orders (according to B&H).

I chose not to use Amazon because I feel more comfortable using a known retailer with good return policies and options for warranties.

I place order on 5-8 / B & H
at first one of the sales lady told me Fuji will starting ship out X100S on 5-15
after that .......all answer are unknown
and this week they are on Jew holiday ! No news at all

Is it Amazon got better return policy Then any other camera retailer ??

When I phoned Fujifilm they stated they sent I think it was 150 camera's to B&H and all were used to fill back orders (according to B&H).

I chose not to use Amazon because I feel more comfortable using a known retailer with good return policies and options for warranties.

Yes, Amazon actually has a better return policy than B&H.

"you can return it to B&H within 30 days of purchase date" and full refunds at Amazon at 30 days.

as far as extended warranties, I think they both use square trade, and B&H for 3 yrs is 50-60.00 less. I generally do not purchase these but because I shoot mostly street/documentary photography I would like the added protection.

The difference between b&h's return policy and Amazon's is that B&H requires fewer than 200 shutter activations. With a camera like the x100s that counts every switch to the EVF/OVF as a shutter actuation you'll hit that 200 very quickly. Just something to be aware of.

I thought Fuji did not record actuations in EXIF...?

Sent from another Galaxy

Its not in EXIF, its actually a menu item on the X100S - the issue with it is that its not indicative of how many times the shutter is pressed (i.e., how many photos have been taken with the camera). For resale its not really an issue once people understand that it simply counts actuations in a different way, but for a return policy that has a shutter counter limit it could pose a problem if the retailer is strict in enforcing it.

Its not in EXIF, its actually a menu item on the X100S - the issue with it is that its not indicative of how many times the shutter is pressed (i.e., how many photos have been taken with the camera). For resale its not really an issue once people understand that it simply counts actuations in a different way, but for a return policy that has a shutter counter limit it could pose a problem if the retailer is strict in enforcing it.

Good to know...

not sure where my camera will come from, have placed orders with several.

I did return my extended warranty/square trade. I had 3 FM2's back in the day and never dropped or any other accidental damage.

I called B&H and canceled my preorder since they still have no clue when they are suppose to get a shipment in + Amazon customer service agent claims that I will mine by Tuesday..

Frustrating morning :mad:

Finally, an offical date set!

Amazon just sent me this message about 30 mins ago!

"Fujifilm X100S 16 MP Digital Camera with 2.8-Inch LCD (Silver)"
Previous estimated arrival date: June 26, 2013 - June 27, 2013
New estimated arrival date: June 04, 2013

Can't wait! :D

After a fiasco with a Ricoh GR that came defective, I called B&H today and on cancelling my charger order, asked them about the X100s and they said they had a long list and the cameras come in 4 to 5 at a time. No hope for me though I did tease him that I should pre-order the next X100 iteration because I would get it as soon or sooner :) So while this thread has been long silent, if anyone was curious about their outstanding order-- there you go ;)

Back