Fuji X100s: Change in Expected Availability at B&H

Crsnydertx

Top Veteran
Name
Chuck
Until yesterday, B&H continually showed expected availability as March 22, 2013.

Today - March 22 - the website no longer shows any date at all. With B&H going on hiatus for 9 days commencing Monday, the wait obviously will be extended.

Oh, well....reality sets in.

Until yesterday, B&H continually showed expected availability as March 22, 2013.

Today - March 22 - the website no longer shows any date at all. With B&H going on hiatus for 9 days commencing Monday, the wait obviously will be extended.

Oh, well....reality sets in.
Some folks over on DPR indicated they'd gotten shipping notices from B&H and Adorama, so I'd guess they got a shipment in and are shipping it out before their holiday closings. But that further shipments in and out will be after the holiday. But some number if them seem to have made it through.

-Ray

I believe the March 22, 2013 expected availability date was just that - the date the camera was expected to become available (as in its expected 'release' date in the U.S.) Now that the camera has started shipping I wouldn't expect to see any hard dates with regard to expected availability - just that its currently unavailable or on backorder.

Just got off a chat myself with B&H they apparently got some and shipped what they could, but had no further knowledge of when the next batch was coming or where on the wait list I was. :(

To start from what Ray wrote and indulge in some wild, barely informed speculation (for which Ray bears no responsibility!) :

Fujifilm anticipated the B&H and Adorama closures for Passover. They're two of the biggest, best liked photo stores in the country. Maybe the first 2 waves of cameras were scheduled with that in mind. Fuji distributed as big a supply of X100s's and X20s to their US dealers this week as they could and under this scenario will resupply after Passover.

Of course talk is cheap and I could easily be proven wrong if other stores are supplied with Fujis and shipping while B&H and Adorama are off. :confused:

Bob G

I called B&H yesterday morning and was told my camera was shipping that morning.Sure enough, I got a confirmation email at 8:30 am that my camera had shipped and would arrive on Tuesday.I had paid for three day shipping.I ordered it on the first day of announcement, January 7th.

I called B&H yesterday morning and was told my camera was shipping that morning.Sure enough, I got a confirmation email at 8:30 am that my camera had shipped and would arrive on Tuesday.I had paid for three day shipping.I ordered it on the first day of announcement, January 7th.

Just curious, when did you place your order?

I only ordered mine after Zack started previewing his review a few weeks ago. I wish I had an idea if I should let the order stand or keep looking elsewhere. Will anyone at B&H tell you where you stand on a waiting list?

I just checked my B&H order status, not expecting anything to happen until after they re-open on April 3rd. This is what it says:

"In stock, order sent to warehouse."

That does sound encouraging, doesn't it? We'll see....

I just checked my B&H order status, not expecting anything to happen until after they re-open on April 3rd. This is what it says:

"In stock, order sent to warehouse."

That does sound encouraging, doesn't it? We'll see....

Sounds a lot more promising than what I see (On Order - Pending).

I have been waiting for the past few weeks for another batch to fill the back orders, B&H along with every other retailer has this status. Does anybody have any information as to when another batch will go out and which retailer will get it?

I have been waiting for the past few weeks for another batch to fill the back orders, B&H along with every other retailer has this status. Does anybody have any information as to when another batch will go out and which retailer will get it?

I too am on B&H's backorder list.. However, Amazon informed me that I would receive my x100s latest by the 28th of this month!

Hopefully, B&H will get there's earlier!!

I too am on B&H's backorder list.. However, Amazon informed me that I would receive my x100s latest by the 28th of this month!

Hopefully, B&H will get there's earlier!!

When did you get on the list? I contacted Fujifilm and was told they shipped a larger amount to B&H last week, I was then told by B&H that all went to back orders... :rolleyes:

Got this email 2 hours ago..:(

Dear -------------

You placed order #--------- on 05/02/13.

One or more items from this purchase are still out of stock as we haven't
yet received the merchandise from our supplier. We are sorry for any
inconvenience this may have caused. We will keep you posted periodically.

We appreciate your patience and patronage. Feel free to contact us with any
questions or comments about this order.

Thank you.

B&H Photo-Video

Back