Fuji X100S - Full Wedding

Does the X100s let you rear-curtain sync?

Excellent work, by the way. I've never had a problem using just a 35mm prime for shooting a reception, but seeing a full day captured from this focal length is inspiring.

Nice set of natural poses and some lovely shots on the stairs, it looks as if the
X100s may just be a perfect choice for informal and unobtrusive work at weddings, parties and other events.

Intereseting to read your comments about the manual / split image focussing as it is soemthing I think will be very useful when faced with challenging light / subjects.

Thanks for sharing.

Very impressive. I'm "afraid" your photos will also lok great when you shoot with a p&s camera of $59,99. ;)
If I am ever going to marry again I will contact you!
Thanks for sharing,
Peter

Your work shows that the versatility of the x100s with its fixed focal length is only limited by the photographer... in your case, there appear to be no limits!

Thank you for sharing your work and impressions... (in spite of the marital tension to which I fear they may eventually contribute :) )

Yonatan

Does the X100s let you rear-curtain sync?

Excellent work, by the way. I've never had a problem using just a 35mm prime for shooting a reception, but seeing a full day captured from this focal length is inspiring.

So, the on-board flash does not let you rear-curtain sync, but you can set an external flash to rear-curtain and it should work... I *think*. I prefer first-curtain syncing in general, so I haven't had a lot of experience with rear with the X100/X100S, but if I remember correctly from testing the capability, your flash will go off at the tail-end of your exposure. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong!

Incredible! This is far better than I expected could be done with only a 35 mm lens. Congratulations.
A question: what about the lighting?

Sorry-- I'm not sure what your question is about lighting. Can you be more specific?

Nice set of natural poses and some lovely shots on the stairs, it looks as if the
X100s may just be a perfect choice for informal and unobtrusive work at weddings, parties and other events.

Intereseting to read your comments about the manual / split image focussing as it is soemthing I think will be very useful when faced with challenging light / subjects.

Thanks for sharing.

To be clear-- I didn't say "split image focusing." I was talking about "focus peaking." Two very different things.

Looks like VSCO. LOVE VSCO

It's not VSCO. Just my own tweaks in LR RC 4.4.

Thanks, everyone! :th_salute:

Back