Fuji X100S - Full Wedding

I felt all the emotions, that they went true. Thank you, your work is wonderful. And the camera is amazing. I am making my interest grow in fuji. Great that you post your wedding work. I pass this to other photographer I know that also do weddings.

I did it yesterday. Photographed a full wedding with just the X100S--

http://www.briankraft.com/Blog/fuji-x100s-wedding-photography-colorado/

Gorgeous photos, Brian. Nicely and tastefully done. Thank you for making these available to us. A photo set like this tells me far about a camera's capability than a strict review. I do want to iterate that I think you've done a marvelous job and don't want to take anything away from you when I mention the cameras capabilities. It seems the lens has low contrast (not a bad thing, especially for bw work or for situations with high native contrast- say gorgeous white dresses in just about any setting) though manages quiet a bit of micro-contrast (quite evident in the skin tones). I know the files have processed, which leads me to my question: did you smooth out details in the skin, or does the camera natively render them as such? Of course it's also possible you're subjects had beautiful skin to begin with:)

Gorgeous photos, Brian. Nicely and tastefully done. Thank you for making these available to us. A photo set like this tells me far about a camera's capability than a strict review. I do want to iterate that I think you've done a marvelous job and don't want to take anything away from you when I mention the cameras capabilities. It seems the lens has low contrast (not a bad thing, especially for bw work or for situations with high native contrast- say gorgeous white dresses in just about any setting) though manages quiet a bit of micro-contrast (quite evident in the skin tones). I know the files have processed, which leads me to my question: did you smooth out details in the skin, or does the camera natively render them as such? Of course it's also possible you're subjects had beautiful skin to begin with:)

Thank you. I would by no means judge the camera's handling of contrast, micro-contrast, or skin detail by my photos. You should probably look at people posting photos as SOOC to make those types of evaluations.

Thank you. I would by no means judge the camera's handling of contrast, micro-contrast, or skin detail by my photos. You should probably look at people posting photos as SOOC to make those types of evaluations.

Oh, I just remembered that I had posted a full-res SOOC jpeg that you can download that was part of a street set I recently posted here- Fuji X100S Street Photography - Brian Kraft Photography You can grab the file from the text section at the beginning of that blog post. That will give you a much better sense of what kind of skin detail the camera is able to capture (even at ISO 1600!).

Wow!?! I snuck a peek on my mobile, and the sharpness is astounding! You can literally count individual pours in his skin! Fuji's decision to have the lens render somewhat softly wide open makes sense. I'm looking forward to seeing this photo on a nice screen and possibly printing it (if you don't object). This camera is the only camera that I'm seriously considering that's not part of my rangefinder system. I'm having a difficult time justifying the purchase. The camera's high ISO (+800) is how I'm rationalizing it.

Brian
You're images were the nudge that I needed. I'm waiting for Lumopro to release their next speedlite, after which I'll purchase the X100s.
Thank you for sharing your work. Oh and the file printed extremely well, especially for the high ISO.

Brian
You're images were the nudge that I needed. I'm waiting for Lumopro to release their next speedlite, after which I'll purchase the X100s.
Thank you for sharing your work. Oh and the file printed extremely well, especially for the high ISO.

Oh, I just saw this. Glad I could be helpful!

Back