X100s - Gloucester Docks and a couple of street

Iansky

All-Pro
I took a trip to Gloucester Docks last Sunday and managed to work between the changing weather to get some images of the dock area, I also grabbed a couple of street shots as I walked through a fairly deserted town centre.

Attachments

• Curved glass.jpg
    Curved glass.jpg
    205.8 KB · Views: 381
  • Tie up point.jpg
    Tie up point.jpg
    315.3 KB · Views: 332
  • Dry Dock.jpg
    Dry Dock.jpg
    251.4 KB · Views: 321
  • The watcher.jpg
    The watcher.jpg
    233.4 KB · Views: 334
  • Ropes.jpg
    Ropes.jpg
    247.7 KB · Views: 341
  • A bygone era.jpg
    A bygone era.jpg
    153.5 KB · Views: 343
  • Down the street.jpg
    Down the street.jpg
    173.2 KB · Views: 349
  • Waiting for food.jpg
    Waiting for food.jpg
    239.8 KB · Views: 322
Thanks Alex,

I am not really sure I can see any difference in the colours between this and the X100 - both produce very natural looking colours in my opinion.

Ian, in the past you shot with M43, over on the M43 site, do you find,[ now with your x100s being non-interchangable lens fuji], you are missing other focal lengths at all?

Or are you happy with just the 23/35mm EQV lens on the Fuji.?
Thanks Dennis.

Hi Dennis and Phil,

I still have the Mu43 kit and enjoy using it as the quality it delivers is stunning, I changed sites and I am now a member of a UK based forum - Forum home - Olympus UK E-System User Group

Unfortunately as much as I enjoyed the Mu43 site and longer serving members, I did see a change and an increase in both "Trolls and armchair experts" so moved after discovering the UK site.

I had owned my X100 for over a year and loved it for being such a tactile camera to use that reminded me of my days using Leica analogue cameras as a living, I now get the same wonderful feeling from the X100s and the results justify the means and it is what Leica digital should have been!

I still love the flexibility and choices the interchangeable lens camera offers me but, I enjoy using the X100s with fixed lens as it makes me think more about composition and perspective and forces me to move rather with my Mu43 where I could just change lens.

It is great to have both and I consider myself lucky as it offers me choices dependent on subject matter and shooting planned ahead.

gotta love those fuji colors! nice work. Interesting comment on the lack of noticeable color difference between the x100 and x100s given their different sensors. I'm still trying to weigh the pros-n-cons of both (image quality primarily - I LOVE my X-E1 IQ) vs. costs increase of the x100s.

Thanks Randy and Isoterica,

I have no regrets in switching from the X100 to the X100s and even though there is not a great difference in colour (Fuji seems to have nice natural colours), sharpness / clarity is better on the X100s as is speed of focus and accuracy, I also think the dynamic range is better.

It is a very worthy switch for me and providing you would be happy with a fixed focal length, the results / handling and tactile feedback is stunning my view - Go for it!

Back