Fuji X100S in Denver - Samples

Thanks, all!

FYI- it's my daughter on the drums.

And yes, Joe-- wow, something in the water over there. Never felt such a general (across all the threads) level of hostility. The few forums I generally hang out in are way more civil (thankfully!).

Those are some really impressive jpegs, Brian. It's impressive what can be captured "around the house" by an artist. Your post led me to the rest of your online portfolio, you do some inspiring work.

Edit: looking at the moody B&W wedding photos, I find your style really "engaging" (sorry) and I think you make very compelling images. I see several characteristics in your work that I really like:

1. your camera POV feels incredibly natural, as though it were the eye of an observant insider, catching glimpses and moments of the event and the people, doesn't cross into voyeuristic because it's clear the observer is welcome.
2. you capture people at their most natural
3. you may be the king of geometric negative space. You often place your main subject at the edge or corner of the frame, sometimes beyond a foreground wall or doorframe that almost fills the frame, totally breaking the rules and producing such a terrific sense of scale and place and moment - overhead shots, massive walls of churches and buildings, rows of pews, too many to list - so unconventional and so welcome.
4. most of all, I feel like I was AT some of these events. You have a gift, sir.

Brian,
Please don't keep us in suspense! How much faster is the autofocus?
It must be very dificult to differentiate yourself from the wedding photographer pack.You have successfully done it very well.Your images captivated me for a long while, especially the B/W.The shot of the groom choking back tears as he tries to recite his vows is beyond priceless.

I was just about to post a link to your photos that I ran across this morning and then I realized there already is one. Great shots. I would never ever want to have a wedding, but if I did, I'd want you to shoot it. Really nice work.

Back