Fuji X100S - Missing brackets; anyone else?

Petach

Hall of Famer
Name
Peter Tachauer
****Cancel, cancel, cancel........found them after setting to jpegs only. Silly ole' fool ****

Looking at my "Drive" menu, I only have exposure bracketing. All the others are missing. Not grey'd out......missing. In the main menu I can set up my choice of film bracketing, but that is about it. Any clues?.......anyone else got this issue?

Pete

Dunno why more manufacturers don't do this.

It is usually a good thing in UI to not make things appear/disappear (rather than graying out) so you know what is out there. Otherwise someone like the OP asks the kind of questions he asked... If it cramps the UI out though one may need to look at other ways to handle that (I haven't seen the UI yet. Friday!).

It is usually a good thing in UI to not make things appear/disappear (rather than graying out) so you know what is out there. Otherwise someone like the OP asks the kind of questions he asked... If it cramps the UI out though one may need to look at other ways to handle that (I haven't seen the UI yet. Friday!).

My statement was ambiguous. The options should be grayed out (instead of disappearing) when they're not relevant to the shooting mode.

Yeah, that's what Sony does, and they were heavily criticized for it. In certain modes, almost everything is gray in some Sony cameras. So unlike Sony, Fuji does no gray out menu items, so menus expand and shrink depending on what mode has been chosen.

Of course, I preferred to be able to choose stuff like DR bracketing or ISO bracketing in RAW mode, because I knew that I wouldn't get a RAW file but only JPEGs. Now, I have to switch the camera to JPEG only, do my bracketing, then switch back to FINE+RAW. It's just annoying, at least for me.

Of course, I preferred to be able to choose stuff like DR bracketing or ISO bracketing in RAW mode, because I knew that I wouldn't get a RAW file but only JPEGs. Now, I have to switch the camera to JPEG only, do my bracketing, then switch back to FINE+RAW. It's just annoying, at least for me.

It definitely should be available in FINE+RAW. You would just get one RAW and a few JPEGs. That is how I would design it, but hardware makers always make "interesting" choices...

Back