Fuji X100s or X20?

thekeddi

Top Veteran
Hi guys!

I'm going to get either one of these when I can, I was just wondering, is it worth the extra for the X100s?

I do know the photos will be better but will they be THAT much better? It's hard to know before they both come out but now they have the oh so cool looking X20 coming, I think I might just keep the X100 that I am getting and just get the X20?

I think... if you already have an X100 on the way, I would be getting the X20 to complete the little stable. OTOH theres that X-Trans sensor which is supposed to be the bees knees. If I didnt already have the X100, and I had the funds, I think I would be going X100S, myself, but I dont mind having a single f/l lens. If you get frustrated by not having some zoom, get the X20.

I find the X10 wonderfully versatile so I would be more inclined to go withe X20 over the X100s.

I think the X100 and the X20 would make a great combo. Probably my most satisfying traveling was the X100 with the X10. Not worrying about switching lenses was very nice!

Probably my most satisfying traveling was the X100 with the X10. Not worrying about switching lenses was very nice!

I was using this combo in South Africa, particularly in the slums of Capetown (click here). Indeed a great combo, will soon exchange them for their X-Trans follow-ups, though.

I picked up the X10 last year for a steal of a price from one of those fools who freaked out over the "orb" issue. I was thinking the X10 would just be a camera that I would use when I didn't want to carry a "serious camera." What I discovered was the X10 became one of my favorite "take everywhere" cameras and was great at capturing everything from portraits to landscapes and even macros ... all in a camera the size of one of my micro 4/3 Olympus Pen cameras but without changing lenses.

Back