Fuji X100s playback through evf

Ripleysbaby

supernatural anesthetist
Name
Garry
Hello all. Grateful if someone could answer a couple of questions.
I've just taken delivery of a second hand X100s.
I like to playback using the evf but it just goes black and the lcd comes on.
The evf shows the captured image (1.5sec) ok Am I missing something here ?

Also Is it normal that if vf is set to evf. When you remove your eye it reverts to optical. Put your eye back to the vf
and instantly the evf kicks in ? The manual isn't helping me much with this .

Thank you very much.

>>> I've just taken delivery of a second hand X100s.

Great.. welcome...

>>> I like to playback using the evf but it just goes black and the lcd comes on.

When you press the playback button and try to look through the EVF you see nothing. If you press VIEW MODE until it says EYE SENSOR, you will see the playback image in the EVF when you put your eye to it, and when you take your eye away, it reverts to the rear screen

>>> The evf shows the captured image (1.5sec) ok Am I missing something here ?

Change that here -> SET-UP screen #2, SCREEN SET-UP -> IMAGE DISP.

>>> Also Is it normal that if vf is set to evf. When you remove your eye it reverts to optical. Put your eye back to the vf
and instantly the evf kicks in ? The manual isn't helping me much with this .

When you remove your eye, and the EVF is active, it turns itself off for a lack of a better term... the camera isn't going to show the info in the EVF and the LCD at the same time...

Thanks for that. All appears to be working correctly now. But at first it refused to allow me to see previously captured images in the evf (in any view mode) showing only a black screen. Which I assume was the ovf black out curtain. It must have been a temporary glitch.
Thanks

Back