Fuji x100s: truly FULL list of improvements over the x100? how about "quirks"?

merliin

Rookie
This is my 1st thread here so... hello everyone :)

I have been investigating the x100/x100s for some weeks as I am looking for a smaller camera that could replace my bulky DSLR. I have to admit I totally fell in love with the x100/x100s concept, both because of their style and image quality (the latter as for now concerns only the x100 of course).

The x100 used to be my choice - until the x100s was announced. I am now trying to decide if I should buy x100 or wait, pay approx. 50% more and get the x100s. It boils down to improvements introduced by the new model. As far as I know there are 70 of them. Their list (the most complete one that I have come across) may be found i.e. here:

http://www.fujix-forum.com/index.php?/topic/7226-list-of-70-improvements/

They seem to be quite major ones... HOWEVER:

As it is widely known the x100 is a camera that can produce stellar images (in right hands) however it does have (too) many strange, firmware related "quirks". Some of them have been listed in the special section of the DPReview's review of the x100:

Fujifilm FinePix X100 In-Depth Review

My question therefore would be: does anyone know if any of those quirks listed by DPReview have been adressed/corrected by Fuji in the x100s?

Many thanks in advance!

Cheers,
m.

PS. This one: "In Manual exposure mode, Live Histogram always implies correct exposure, regardless of settings" has been corrected.

Back